Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***THIS IS NOT A HOW TO INSTALL***

I have a 2008 Honda CRV EX-L and I wanted a touch screen display but didn't want to spend the money on a new head unit. So I decided to use an old single DIN Pioneer head unit with a double DIN dash kit and my Tab 4 7.0 (T237P) as my touch screen.

Materials used:
1) Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 (T237P)
2) Pioneer DEH-3200U
3) Honda Radio Harness Metra 70-1722
4) Scosche HAAB Honda Antenna Adapter Plug
5) Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Interface
6) Car Charger DC Converter Module 12V To 5V 3A 15W with USB Cable to charge the tablet and power the Metra Axxess ASWC-1
7) USB Aux Bluetooth Adapter for audio to Pioneer DEH-3200U
8) USB Female Y Splitter to power the tablet and USB bluetooth adapter
9) Wire Taps so I can keep the factory harness in case I decide to install the factory radio again
10) thin heavy stock cardboard from binder and black t-shirt to cover the Pioneer DEH-3200U and to have something for the tablet to rest on

Attachments

·
Registered
518 Posts
That's sweet...nice job...how does it work overall? Are you satisfied?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes everything is working as it should, steering control working, I have a WiFi hotspot in the bottom pocket, and best part I can remove it when I'm not using it. Currently I'm making another back panel with the radio cut-out so when I don't use the tablet at least I can see the time :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: v2.0 includes phone (Note 3) mount as well as the tablet mount, this way I can either use the tablet or my phone.

013.jpg 014.jpg 015.jpg

·
Registered
776 Posts
Congratulations !! Now you can play chess live with a teenager in the Ukraine while he's busy hacking into your stock account !!! Keep it between the lines. Craig

·
Registered
868 Posts
Does not seem fair to me. You can do EVERYTHING in you vehicle, but have to stop to go to the toilet. The most basic of human needs, and there's facility for it. But then what do I know. Maybe there is an app for it. With Bluetooth of course. :cool:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congratulations !! Now you can play chess live with a teenager in the Ukraine while he's busy hacking into your stock account !!! Keep it between the lines. Craig
AWESOME, THANK YOU

Does not seem fair to me. You can do EVERYTHING in you vehicle, but have to stop to go to the toilet. The most basic of human needs, and there's facility for it. But then what do I know. Maybe there is an app for it. With Bluetooth of course. :cool:
Thanks for the idea, I could install it as the drivers seat and figure out how to run the drain line

·
Registered
776 Posts
Now that we've established you do have a sense of humor, know nothing about those posts was meant to be malicious. The part about between the lines is all business; however, as the rate of accidents and deaths caused by distracted driving is about to surpass those attributed to drunk driving !! Things just aren't that important to risk lives over. You did a nice job; however. Craig

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now that we've established you do have a sense of humor, know nothing about those posts was meant to be malicious. The part about between the lines is all business; however, as the rate of accidents and deaths caused by distracted driving is about to surpass those attributed to drunk driving !! Things just aren't that important to risk lives over. You did a nice job; however. Craig
Thanks, I know but I only use either the tablet or phone as my GPS, I don't talk or text while I'm driving, I don't like cables everywhere on the dash or near the windshield

·
Registered
10 Posts
For the record, GOOGLE MAPS is far, far, far superior to most other GPS out there, so this is a proper upgrade.

And the map being bigger = easier to read = less likely to be distracted while driving. Not sure why people think Tablet Sized screens are distractions -- other countries have 10" GPSes. The pathetic 4, 5, or 6" screens in the US, are only because we're not allowed to block the windshield. By putting a tablet as a screen in the dash, it means a proper sized viewing screen is possible, meaning less squinting, meaning less distraction.

Good job.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts