Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm new to this forum so please let me know if I'm posting in the wrong place etc.

I have recently acquired a 1999 CR-V and I want to wire up one of those universal locking kits, one of the main reasons for doing it is so I can pop the tailgate glass without opening the driver's door. I have the wiring info for the year etc but I am a little confused about which wire to wire up to the relaese wire on the module? On my CR-V the tailgate release is in the drivers door so i'd rather not have to take the door card off etc to route the wires.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes Tim

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm assuming you don't have a key fob? Programming a replacement fob to the vehicle would be much easier than re-wiring every thing.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Get a factory door lock control unit for a CR-V EX. It lives inside the driver's door, and the factory remote will pop the hatch. It's completely plug-and-play according to the service manual.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
My '97 (presumably an LX, as there was no EX when we bought ours) only needed the fobs from the dealer. It makes me wonder if they removed that in the later year LX models to cut costs. (Although I kind of doubt it.)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Correct, that feature was removed from the LX when the EX was introduced, just like the ABS, it was optional in 97, but become an EX only feature in 98.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts