Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased this car from my mom, 2014 Honda CR-V, and they used it to tow behind their RV (once) then sold RV. They used an RV dealer to install the tow package with an expensive stay and play package. It was a complete hack job they did putting it in. RV Dealer wanted to charge double to remove it and leave all wiring! After replacing part of internal dash pieces they cut holes in for their switches, we are now taking the rest of the installation from the tail light harness. They cut into the wires taking chunks out of original housing to splice into their component. Sunday we sautered doner wiring in, heat shrank it and reinstalled the wiring harness. What I would like to do is replace the tail light wiring harness all together w/out any splicing repairs. Can I get part numbers for both Left and Right side rear tail light wiring harness? I found the left side real easy but confused if the R and L are interchangeable?
Thanks for all and any replies.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
I have an '07 and am not familiar with the '14, but here's what is shown where I buy my parts:

As best I can see, you will need either the tailgate harness or the floor harness. Looks like the floor harness to me, but it is pricey and would be extremely involves to install. I suggest you study the diagrams closely, and if all else fails, just repair what you have. If you do good quality repairs, you should be good to go.

·
Registered
516 Posts
They actually cut into the Honda wiring to install the tow lights? Holy mackerel. I did all that using one plug on each side of the Honda's tail light wiring bundle. To answer your question, depending on where they cut into the wiring this could be a easy or hard expensive project. If it was me and you soldered and used shrink tubing I would leave it alone.

What do you mean by "taking chunks out of original housing"? Did they add light bulbs to the existing housing?

Have you removed the base plate yet? There are some video from E Trailer that show how to install one, so you would at least know some of the tricks before you removed it.

Do you have any pictures you can post? I did all of the instillation on mine and have towed it probably 30,000 miles so far.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Much information about what?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts