Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up everybody.. i am new to the CR-V world!!! i have a 2010 honda crv EX.does anybody know how to uninstall the interior of the rear tailgate hatch door? any pictures would help?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
If I may, ask why?

But I have to make you aware, that some of those upper garnishes that have to come off first, tend to get broken tabs and clips. And the big upper tailgate liner can be a pain to get back on, unless you know how it goes on.

Check your Private Messages

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there

I had the same car (2010 CRV EX) and the similar question. I want to install a rearview camera so that I have to remove the original lisence plate light.

To do so, I had to remove the tailgate lower trim panel. According to the service manual (2007 service manual), I think I need to:
1. remove the tailgate upper trim panel

2. remove the tailgate left/right side trim

3. remove the tailgate lower grip (handle)

4. remove the tailgate lower trim panel

Okay, here are my questions (bear with me that I'm really new to this):
1. Do I need to follow above 1 to 4 or I can just skip to 4?
2. For those trims in the pics, are there any skills I should use to pull them out? or just some force will do the work? you know, I own this new CRV less than 1 month and don't want to break it.

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
If I may, ask why?

But I have to make you aware, that some of those upper garnishes that have to come off first, tend to get broken tabs and clips. And the big upper tailgate liner can be a pain to get back on, unless you know how it goes on.

Check your Private Messages
Yes you have to do steps 1-4, in that order. Or you will break something.
Hi tkcr

Thanks a lot for your quick response. What do you mean "tend to get broken tabs and clips"? I can feel they are pretty tight. But can I just use some force to pull them out or you think I should get some Professional ppl to do it? If I'm going to do it, which part should I pay more attention or what kind of skills should I use to avoid the damage?

The other question is why the upper part is hard to put on?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Hi tkcr

Thanks a lot for your quick response. What do you mean "tend to get broken tabs and clips"? I can feel they are pretty tight. But can I just use some force to pull them out or you think I should get some Professional ppl to do it? If I'm going to do it, which part should I pay more attention or what kind of skills should I use to avoid the damage?

The other question is why the upper part is hard to put on?

Thanks again!
It can be done yourself, just be careful. Follow the steps in order. Where ever the seams are ( the two pieces go together ) that's where the tabs break. After you get them off, you'll know what I mean by the tabs. They hold the two parts together tight so there are no gaps. If the tabs break, then the parts don't fit tight anymore at the seams.

The big upper tailgat garnish, we have a technique to put these on easy so none of the clips pop off when putting the garnish back on. If you don't get all the clips ( and you'll see there's alot on the back of that garnish ) lined up with the holes, you'll here them pop off. Then you'll have to take it back off and put your clip back on. If not it will rattle in there.

Good luck, just take your time you'll do fine.:)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi Tkcr,
How are things?

Can you give us more info on the special technique you guys use at the factory to get the big upper garnish back on?
Also, with the tab breaking thing, do even you guys break those tabs off every once in a while? Just kind of a luck thing?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi

At the risk of re rising an old thread (better than making new ones for google searches)
Has anyone managed to do this and not break anything.

I need to remove the rear chrome trim on 2011 EX CRV to paint under it.
Body shop asked me to do it as think they worried about breaking something.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes you have to do steps 1-4, in that order. Or you will break something.
I’m looking into replacing my rear h emblem would I have to do all these step to do that too? Or will I be able to just pop them off?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts