Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: I just bought a brand new 2009 CRV LX. I am already having issues. Does anyone else have this problem? I am going 60 mph and if I roll just the rear windows down I think my tailgate is going to shake off. Also the steering wheel gives me some shakes at highway speed. If I have all the windows down it's not that bad. Only when I have just the rears down. I hear a chattering pattern noise like maybe wheel hop???

I was thinking of getting all my OEM tires rebalanced.

I need help I am not a happy camper.

Thank you

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome to the group!

re: your question - It may be related to wind buffeting as mentioned in this thread:

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3560&highlight=wind+noise

Try partially opening one of the front windows and that should help equalize the air pressure in the cabin and reduce or eliminate the buffeting noise.

As for the steering wheel vibration, it may be due to a flat spot on a tire depending on how long it had sat on the lot. Have the dealer look at this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Howdy.
Your from San Antonio also! Just bought mine from Gunn Honda on Monday.
I think I will check on the steering wheel shake soon.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks Howdy.
Your from San Antonio also! Just bought mine from Gunn Honda on Monday.
I think I will check on the steering wheel shake soon.
Yep, I'm a San Antonian! I got my 'V from Gunn as well. Good luck on getting the problem resolved and post a pic!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
As far as the tailgate shake, are you getting a light on the meter stating your tailgate is not closed all the way. If not maybe it just needs adjusted. It's a new V, I'd have the dealership look at it. In fact, take them out for a ride and let them hear, feel or see what your tailgate is doing.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Wind buffeting is what you are experiencing. Wind buffeting happens in ANY vehicle where you can roll down the two rear windows. It has to do with air pressure not properly equalizing. Open your front windows and the problem will correct itself.

To summarize: IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR VEHICLE.

As for the wheel shaking when your windows are up, but not down is impossible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts