Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 CR-V that has recently developed the nasty habit of making a noise like I'm hitting all the reflectors in the road when my front left tire is pointed a certain way. I can turn the wheel to the left or right roughly 45 degrees, and it will stop. Is this a suspension issue, an alignment issue, brake issue, tire itself, or all and/or some combination of all of the above?

·
Registered
288 Posts
It sounds like you may have a CV joint that has gone bad. Take a look under the front your car and look for a split rubber boot on either end of your axles (you have 4 boots on the ends of 2 axles on the front). You can youtube a cv joint symptom video.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Haven't seen one for many years but,

It sounds like you may have a CV joint that has gone bad. Take a look under the front your car and look for a split rubber boot on either end of your axles (you have 4 boots on the ends of 2 axles on the front). You can youtube a cv joint symptom video.
Many years ago I had a noise like that and it was a huge bump on the inside of a tire about the size of 1/2 grapefruit banging on the fender. The defective tire had allowed air to escape from the inner tire to the rubber layers toward the outside.

Check your tires for bumps?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Many years ago I had a noise like that and it was a huge bump on the inside of a tire about the size of 1/2 grapefruit banging on the fender. The defective tire had allowed air to escape from the inner tire to the rubber layers toward the outside.

Check your tires for bumps?
I call those tumors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts