Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything special I should do maintenance wise before taking my car to higher elevation for a while? Like 5K to 10K feet? 2006 with 150K. I know the older carborated vehicles required some adjustments.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
That has literally never been an issue since the late 80s/early 90s when fully computer controlled fuel injection was in every car. Computer handles everything.

Now the climbing aspect of it all make sure oil change and trans fluid change is done prior to heading out. Dealing with mountains and such is hard on a drivetrain so be fresh on fluids.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That has literally never been an issue since the late 80s/early 90s when fully computer controlled fuel injection was in every car. Computer handles everything.
Thank you!! I killed 2 old 70's and 80's vehicles on 2 separate occasions crossing the divide many years ago.

Now the climbing aspect of it all make sure oil change and trans fluid change is done prior to heading out. Dealing with mountains and such is hard on a drivetrain so be fresh on fluids.
Will do, thanks!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Do not be alarmed of the lower octane numbers at the gas pump - the octane rating goes down as you climb in elevation, but it's the same fuel.

I live at 5,000 ft, fuel at 4,500 feet and regular gas is 85.5 octane.

Have a good trip!

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Make sure your engine air filter is good, not mostly clogged.
Make sure your radiator fins are not clogged with bugs, etc.
Make sure both of your radiator fans are working.
Don't drink too much alcohol. :eek:
Recheck to make sure your WW blades are in good shape and that you have WW fluid for Winter in your reservoir if you are going to be up there shortly (RainX Winter formula works well),
Have a load of fun.
Buffalo4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts