Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just replaced my B5.5 Passat Wagon with a 2017 CRV, I found this to be an interesting video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q64S-N32LbE
The 2016 Golf Sportwagen LE was to have been my top choice to replace the Passat but it just didn't have enough interior room to transport my family when they fly in.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Why not Civic Hatch? Has almost identical room to CRV but better handling, mpg and fun. Only lacks 4x4 and blind spot detection.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Why not Civic Hatch? Has almost identical room to CRV but better handling, mpg and fun. Only lacks 4x4 and blind spot detection.
Oh no way it doesn't. The Hatch's rear headroom is terrible, one of the worst I've seen. I'm 5'10" and my head hits he rear roof / trunk crossmember.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Oh no way it doesn't. The Hatch's rear headroom is terrible, one of the worst I've seen. I'm 5'10" and my head hits he rear roof / trunk crossmember.
Sure? Rear headroom in hatch is slightly over 37 inches, should be enough for a 6 footer. CRV rear headroom is 1.7 inches higher though. In both the Civic and CRV you'll hit your head on the ceiling moving around.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I replaced my Jetta Sportwagen with the CR-V. I was interested in the Civic Hatch, too. But after taking a look at the Civic and the CR-V, there is no comparison in the amount of space between the two, especially in the rear seats. If I didn't need rear seat room for my kid, I may have gone with the Civic. But I wanted a car that my kid can grow into and have lots of space to carry things so got the CR-V.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts