Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am going to attempt to thread my broken oil pressure sending unit further into the engine, and put a bolt in there to block it up. Anyone know what size of tap I need? It seems they are sold in MM and i am fairly certain the oil pressure sending unit on a 2002 CRV is 1/8-28 BSPT .

thanks....here is a picture of my mess....i think attempting to thread a bolt in after tapping the same thread is my only option. Organism
Metal

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Tapping that hole further the first issue is metal shavings into the engine since that's an oil port (you said oil sending unit).

Everything Honda is metric not standard. Need to match up the sending unit to the proper metric tap. The size you gave is not metric tap sizing I have ever seen.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tapping that hole further the first issue is metal shavings into the engine since that's an oil port (you said oil sending unit).

Everything Honda is metric not standard. Need to match up the sending unit to the proper metric tap. The size you gave is not metric tap sizing I have ever seen.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
it is the size of the sending unit, 1/8 BSPT, common size for most honda engine sending units.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi, i was wondering what type fuel rail you have in your crv. I have a crv that's made in Great Britain. The fuel rail looks like this. I need to re thread it and need help finding out the thread specs. I measured threads with metric thread guage(1.0). Then measured the o.d. of threads and .476 with calipers. However .476=11.8mm not 12mm. Do i round up? I think from what I gather it could be 12mm x 1.0 and curious to see if you know. Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts