Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Pros: If they say it works on the internet, its got to be true.
Cons: It lightens your wallet

That's my opinion but some folks swear by it.?‍♂

Reactions: Crv747

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,185 Posts
Techron is probably the best fuel additive out there and yes it does work. It's the same additive used in Chevron, BP, Texico and Phillips gas. But if you use a Top Tier fuel then there is little need to use an additive because there is plenty of additives in the fuel to keep everything clean. At the same time, if you use it every once in awhile it won't hurt anything and might help if you don't use a Top Tier fuel, it's only about $4 a bottle at Walmart.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I call it snake oil but i'll sell it to you if you come into my store asking for it. I get gas from basically one gas station and only that one gas station; Costco. I know where it they get it from and i'm always in the area of that one particular Costco so i make sure i fill her up with their regular when i get down to half a tank. I don't believe in additives and if you feel like you need to put in an injection cleaner, then you're getting a low quality gasoline.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I call it snake oil but i'll sell it to you if you come into my store asking for it. I get gas from basically one gas station and only that one gas station; Costco. I know where it they get it from and i'm always in the area of that one particular Costco so i make sure i fill her up with their regular when i get down to half a tank. I don't believe in additives and if you feel like you need to put in an injection cleaner, then you're getting a low quality gasoline.
Yeah guess I won’t use it, been using top tier usually Exxon or Shell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts