Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

For about a year and a half i've owned a Honda Civic Hybrid, 2008 model, and to be honest, to me, it was the best car ever. Drove like a peach, never broke down on me and the CVT worked flawlessly.

Had a lot of miles on it though, and thought it was time to upgrade, so i was looking for the Honda CR-V. Still the same Honda Quality but SUV like, right?

Where i live ( the Netherlands ), there aren't many used cr-v's available, at least not in the flavor i like ( executive, white, beige interior ), so i decided to test drive a black cr-v , 2007 model, just to
see how it feels, and at the end of the test drive, i was disappointed.

Over here we have the 2.0l version, which is 150 hp. However, i felt that the car was a bit laggy, so i was really wondering if i just test drove a bad one, or that it is common for all cr-v's to feel this way.

*To be clear, i'm talking about the aut. transmission here*

Is it normal when you shift gears ( mostly from 1-2 and 2-3 ) that you feel the shifting? I know with CVT you don't notice anything, but with the cr-v i noticed it, shift shock is what they call it i believe.

However, shifting from 3-4 , 4-5, went flawless.

Really, to be honest, that's my only gripe with the vehicle, since interior to me looked and felt a-okay. ( It DID bother me that there wasn't a digital speedometer, but i found something that'll fix that, so it's not a dealbreaker anymore. ) Are the newer models of the gen 3 ( 08/ 09/ 10/ 11 ) revised in any way? ( under the hood, that is )

Much thanks for any help, as i'm am seriously considering purchasing this vehicle.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The problem your going to run into on here is finding some1 that has that version of the crv with that engine but I have an 09 which is the same as a us model 07 and the 2.4l is pretty good but not enough torque....and with the shifting it might be normal but since you have been driving cvt so long it feels very harsh

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But is it something i would get used to you think?

Overall, are you satisfied with your cr-v ? I'm just worried that the engine might fail on me, or the transmission might break or something...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sometimes I drive my wife's 2009 2.4L, and it shifts very smoothly. I can't say the same thing about my 2008 MKV VW Golf though (it has Japanese transmission). It kicks while it's cold.
Try another one out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts