Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all. Hello :) This is my first post on the forums. I've been lurking around for a couple of weeks though.

I've had my eye on the green tea V for a few weeks now. It's a very sexy color. I didn't think it was that great until I saw one with my own eyes at the dealership. By far it's my favorite of the available colors for the V. After doing some research and preparing for a new purchase, I went in this morning to test drive.

I made the appointment so they had a car waiting for me and ready for the test drive. There she was... A real looker. Until I got in...

Holy god the cloth ivory interior is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. It actually made me cringe. I drove the thing anyways because I figured it's something I could get used to. We drove for about 15 miles (my wife and I). The whole time I could not take my mind off of that god awful interior. I then found that it's the ONLY color available with the green tea.

The saleswoman showed me the EX-L and the ivory leather and it did look better, but still not my cup of tea. I can't even express my disappointment in words. I'm simply crushed over this.

Other than the color the car drove like a dream. I drive an 05 Nissan Sentra SE-R right now and the smoothness of the ride was like night and day. Speed bumps were tolerable, I could see around me much better and it's very comfortable and roomy. It's a damn shame interior of the green tea model is so fugly.

But I'm willing to settle with another color. The cargo hauling potential and the fact that it's a Honda are enough to keep me interested in the car. I have narrowed it down to the Dark Blue or the Red with gray interior.

Anywho, there's no real point to this post other than to tell of my experience and introduce myself to the forum. Barring any obscene trade in offer or asinine sales crap I'll be buying one in the near future and will of course posts pics. :) Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome!!

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I, of course feel the same way you do about the Green Tea Metallic color - I think it is a fantastic color.
I even opted to wait and have the dealer order one from the manufacturer because they couldn't find a Green Tea on a lot and I really wanted that color.

I opted for the Ivory leather interior, and I think it is a great match for the Green Tea color - sort of a Green and Khaki combination.

I get compliments all the time on the car's color. Even the bronze-colored metallic insets on the dash and doors are classy.

Perhaps you could consider the leather if you don't like the cloth.

Whatever color you decide upon, you will LOVE this car!
I have never had such fun driving my new (not even a month old) CRV.
The handling is smooth and the features are sublime.

Have fun - don't sweat the small stuff. ;)

Be sure to post picures!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have the ivory cloth interior on my Black EX and I love it. I think grey and black interiors are depressing. My partner has a 2006 SE black on black and it's just way too dark in there for my tastes. Even worse, he never opens his sunshade (or even his sunroof) so it's like riding in a black hole.

I like the light and airy feel that the ivory interior gives my V.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Crappy Interior Color!

RoyLuv

I don't know why Honda offers two choices of interior colors for some exterior colors but only one for others. I bought black and black, but have had a bit of buyers remorse ever since. The interior is fine and I really like it but the exterior looks great for 10 minutes after you wash it. Right now, it is black with tiny yellow pokadots from all the pollen.

Everytime I see a green, beige, glacier blue, or red I think now there is a sharp looking car (even in the middle of winter when mine is an abysimal shade of snow slop). I have to agree with you on the ivory interior, though, not my cup of tea. It is a shame to love the exterior color and hate the interior.

There is one problem with the dark blue, it is so dark that it will be like black and show all the dirt.

So to help with your decision I off you this:

·
Registered
1 Posts
3 weeks into this

Hello. This is also my first post. We have black with black leather. I preferred the ivory leather interior, but caved in to my wife since she will drive it during the week. Aside from the color issues, it's a fun car to drive, after 9 years of Civics and an Odyssey. I had to be careful of all the great instrumentation though. It can be a distraction for the first few days.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pinody, the ivory just looks too yellow to me. But your picture looks alot better than what I saw. Is that an 07?

I've owned a black car for the last 4 years and am very familiar with the difficulty keeping it clean. I like the maroon and it's choice #3 should anything be wrong with the royal blue.

I don't mind dark interior. My current car has all black interior. The only time I don't like it is when it's real hot out. Fortunately I live in Portland, OR and we only have to deal with that a few months out of the year.

Thanks for the input folks. :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Pinody - nice touches! :)

I like the wood insets and the brown leather steering wheel accents - very nice ;)
Pinody, the ivory just looks too yellow to me. But your picture looks alot better than what I saw. Is that an 07?
Thanks ... click on our L'il KITI link below for more pictures and story.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We love our Green Tea EX-L, too! It was the interior that drove the color choice, though. I really wanted the dark blue with the ivory interior, but it is not offered. The Green Tea was a compromise, but we are growing to love it. Not many around, it seems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts