Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test driving an 05 with 127k and there a vibration when idling at a stoplight. Is this bad and should I look for another crv?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looking to pick this up soon, would like to know if its gonna be a problem or if its normal

·
Registered
2016 CR-V EX-L
152 Posts
There have been reports on some model years of vibration but I don't know that the 2005 model was included. Historically, one of the main culprits that caused vibration was having the idle speed set to low so that would be the first thing I would investigate.

If I was in the market for a vehicle I would focus on the previous maintenance records to get an idea of what kind of care and feeding the vehicle has received. If I had questions about the overall condition I would have it looked over by a mechanic that I trusted.

Good Luck with your decision/purchase!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked at the vehicle history and it only showed the purchase and a bunch of vehicle recalls

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,413 Posts
My '07 with 93k on it does this, a little. I suspect it's time for spark plugs and maybe a valve adjustment. Also, check the oil. You might check to see if the inside of the throttle body is dirty, and whether the air filter is dirty. I doubt it's a serious issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts