Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone tested the Collision Mitigation Braking System - CMBS

Hey Gang,
Any videos of the CMBS auto breaking feature for the 2017 CRV in action? (Collision Mitigation Braking System) Wife won't let me test it with another car :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Please add a question mark in your subject line. Otherwise, you're implying that you have info to add rather than that you're seeking it.

·
Registered
2017 Honda CRV EXL Molten Lava Red
132 Posts
I know the three CRVs that I test drove worked fine. And my wife used all those features with great glee when we took our only highway drive in our own CRV. Also see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEagZFD0mLo&t=170s
Wow, that video made me nervous. driving down the road at better than 60 mph, with a camera in hand that he turns everywhere while still going forward. Bad driving, surprised he wasn't pulled over. Then again, I didn't see any police cars on his drive. I'm glad I'm not on the same roads as him.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think the key thing to remember is that it's called a mitigation system, not avoidance. Honda is only saying that it will make a collision less severe, they're not promising it will avoid a collision. But if anyone feels like crashing in to some cardboard boxes and uploading a video, it would be awesome to see it in action.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think the key thing to remember is that it's called a mitigation system, not avoidance. Honda is only saying that it will make a collision less severe, they're not promising it will avoid a collision. But if anyone feels like crashing in to some cardboard boxes and uploading a video, it would be awesome to see it in action.
Yes, was thinking the same thing myself when I first read about the technology.

Mitigation: the action of reducing the severity, seriousness, or painfulness of something.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,530 Posts
These are driver assist/support systems. Learn to use them slowly. I have them on my 16 and recommend that you learn the other features of the car first.
Note the system reacted quicker than I did to a major wreck on the interstate in front of me. It hit the brakes solidly until I took over the braking control/management.

·
Registered
200 Posts
It works with ACC and cruise on but I found it doesn't work without cruise. All I get is a 'brake' or beep, regardless of distance setting.

·
Registered
276 Posts
That is lawyer speak to cover their butts for the 1 time in 1000 it doesn't work as intended.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2016 would stop so effectively it was amazing. I changed for a 2017 and cannot say the same ... just the brake light comes on. I am also noticing the blind spot mirror giving a false reading of a car when none are around - not impressed with the 2017

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I don't think it works head for head on.
LOL ? I guess not! Unless by some chance the other car is running an anti collision system also.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Testing the Collision Mitigation Braking System - C.BS

Yep it works but there is always the small chance that it won’t

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Hey Gang,
Any videos of the CMBS auto breaking feature for the 2017 CRV in action? (Collision Mitigation Braking System) Wife won't let me test it with another car :)

Call ex gf.
Tell her you want to recocile & to meet you in street.
Speed at her.
Car brakes you win
Car doesnt brake you win

Thats how honda tests it... its in the manual.. lol

Heres a test on a diff model but honda/acura
https://youtu.be/EIzLyjjDIU8

1 - 20 of 27 Posts