Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2017 LX AWD.
Have been able to connect two phones (Galaxy 8+, iPhone 6) on HandsFreeLink.
The phone features work fine.

However none of the text message features work. Zero. In the phone setup under "Settings" it shows nothing either. Only the usual speed dial, call history etc.....

When someone tries to text, it does not silence radio play, and give the option to listen.
The only thing that does appear is after a text is received. Is it says "TEXT" on the right hand side of the display screen, opposite the radio station number listing.

Any ideas what is going on?

Its frustrating. I had a 2014 CRV LX, and had no issues using a Galaxy S4 for phone and text.

·
Registered
283 Posts
there should be another feature/icon for SMS. Phone/phone icon on dash display feature is specifically for phone call (incoming and out going), there is another icon, sms/envelope icon, for SMS (SMS/TEXT only, not imessage, fb messenger, whatapp, iChat, snapchat, line or etc message app).

·
Registered
184 Posts
Make your dealer set all this up!! If they did make them resolve it... Mine did. I am amazed (no offense) the number of questions asked on here that are dealer first questions... Good luck!

·
Registered
283 Posts
According to user's guide and catalog for 2017 crv, LX doesn't have sms feature. It might be available on previous years but for 2017 it's exclusive for EX or higher model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts