Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a CRV, 2016 model. I am facing an issue while I receive Text messages through Bluetooth. It does not show the sender, I get a a popup message saying " You have a new Message". I could hear the message through the audio, but no sender information. The interesting part is, it shows the number if that number is not saved in my contacts. If the number is in Address book, it will not show where it came from. I called Honda and they are blaming it on Iphone OS updates.
Any workaround available for this issue? Phone functionality is working perfect. My Iphone 6 is with the latest update from Apple.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Same here. Just a crappy Nav unit and integration. Oh, God how I hate the Nav unit.
I suspect that Honda programed for Android phones rather than the unique I-phone. There is I-phone and there is everyone else. If I were a criminal or high ranking in government or business and wanted to be assured that my phone was absolutely secure, I would have an I-phone. Since I have nothing secret on my phone, I chose an Samsung.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I suspect that you didnt answer one of the security permission prompts when pairing, giving the car access to the contact list. Try dropping and re-pairing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.