Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be replacing the front bumper cover on my daughter's 2006 CR-V. Her vehicle is white, with black trim, so the sideview mirrors, the side body guards, and both bumper covers are black, not body-matched white. This is good news for me, as I don't have to pay to get it painted, but my question is about what I see on Rock Auto as far as options. I see "textured" and "primed". Is this a difference? Which one would be correct? I figure the "textured" one, because I'm not painting it.

Also, for the first one of the two, they have "regular inventory" for much cheaper than "CAPA" certified (see below).

That's quite a difference in price. Are they really that different, or is it one of those things in which it is literally the exact same product and you're just paying more for the CAPA sticker?

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
830 Posts
Texttured is the black plastic bumpers without paint.

primered is the layer under paint if you were to replace a painted bumper.

most body shops will need to primer n prep it anyhow before they paint.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Texttured is the black plastic bumpers without paint.

primered is the layer under paint if you were to replace a painted bumper.

most body shops will need to primer n prep it anyhow before they paint.
OK, that's what I thought, so I'll go with the textured bumper cover since this CR-V was a base model exterior with black trim.

Any knowledge or opinions about regular inventory vs. CAPA certified by the same manufacturer?

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
830 Posts
I’d gi with oem honda over rock auto if its avail. Just rememver it might br a little less faded vs the rest of the panels

1 - 4 of 4 Posts