Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed that at least in Canada some Vin #,s get the N60 fix and some get the N61 fix. Has anyone determined why different vin#s get different Fixes. Probably was posted and I missed it. Also is it based on whether the owner had low heat, oil dilution or both? Thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
As of yesterday I couldn't find on the Honda America recall site any mention of my VIN needing anything, but when I called my dealer service they knew what I needed, apparently from a source I couldn't find online.

As far as Canada goes, there was a post with an image of the documentation showing that all 2017 VINs get N60, with only a subset of '18s getting the same. How they figured that out? Who knows.

In USA the N60 is referred to as 18-114. Why? Who knows. :confused2:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As of yesterday I couldn't find on the Honda America recall site any mention of my VIN needing anything, but when I called my dealer service they knew what I needed, apparently from a source I couldn't find online.

As far as Canada goes, there was a post with an image of the documentation showing that all 2017 VINs get N60, with only a subset of '18s getting the same. How they figured that out? Who knows.

Good, it wasn't only me that is confused.

·
Premium Member
3,660 Posts

American Honda and Honda Canada use different recall codes.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
You don't need a code for American Hondas... you just need to drive it to a southern state and the problem will magically disappear and your honda will be problem free
I wish that was true....... How do you explain people in FL. AZ CA having these problems??

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,018 Posts
Well they all hang out in Fairy tale land.... that is sarcasm II

·
Registered
460 Posts
Still the question, why some vin #'s get one fix and some get a different fix.
It seems 'likely' that Honda updated parts going into new vehicles during the 2018 model year.
If your vehicle was built with the old part (early in the model year) it needs to be replaced.
If your vehicle was built late in the model year, you already have the new part installed.
Any change in parts used during assembly would be tracked by VIN number.

Full disclosure: I have no evidence or proof of this, it just seems to be a logical explanation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts