Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 597 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I can’t wait to hear the results..

·
Registered
541 Posts
It will be interesting to see how Honda rolls this out. There are so many people that will not know if they have the issue if they don't regularly check their oil. If it's not a recall nobody will be notified automatically....

·
Registered
447 Posts
just got the call from my dealer and I am first one.....Monday at 9 am......wooo weeee......supposed to solve the oil dilution problem and the no heat problem........very happy now.....Rick

PLEASE!!!! Post as much info, pictures etc... of what is going to be done. I need some ammo for my dealer

The big question will be on Tuesday - Wednesday.......Did it work?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I spoke with my dealer (Winnipeg Honda) and he said they are shipping out parts, but stock will be limited. He eluded to the fact that they are applying this fix to a lot of CRVs. I asked if I could make an appointment, and he said that he will call me when parts arrive to schedule. No word on when parts will arrive. If I find out more i will post!

·
Registered
5 Posts
just got the call from my dealer and I am first one.....Monday at 9 am......wooo weeee......supposed to solve the oil dilution problem and the no heat problem........very happy now.....Rick
Congrats, Could you please share your CRV model/year , date of purchase,.... and if possible the 11 left first digits of your VIN number.
Thank you

·
Registered
865 Posts
from what I got was a program update?...changing the ecu or ecm?I dont know what they are?(hard of hearing on the phone) and a oil change (80%) now?......I got the feeling he was going by a list as to who gets it.....small city here and I live a block away and am in there complaining often about my issues,,,so this may be to shut me up for a while..lol....anyways it supposed to fix both issues.....will get a list on paper as to what they actually do on Monday and post it
There's a post here that appears to have more detail:

https://www.reddit.com/r/crv/comments/9qizg7/1718_engine_oil_dilution/?utm_source=reddit-android

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
271 Posts
I logged in honda.ca and found this one for my vehicle on recall updates

Is this the one?
Safety Recall: HVAC unit replacement and SW u

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I logged in honda.ca and found this one for my vehicle on recall updates

Is this the one?
Safety Recall: HVAC unit replacement and SW u

I checked, and mine says that as well... same exact verbiage, "Safety Recall: HVAC unit replacement and SW u"
Contacting my rep now, and confirmed that it is "the fix/update" (he mentioned that even though its labelled as a recall, its an update campaign) but parts have not arrived, Honda auto shipped to dealerships across the country, I would think based on the amount of cases seen.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I checked, and mine says that as well... same exact verbiage, "Safety Recall: HVAC unit replacement and SW u"
Contacting my rep now, and confirmed that it is "the fix/update" (he mentioned that even though its labelled as a recall, its an update campaign) but parts have no arrived, Honda auto shipped to dealerships across the country, I would think based on the amount of cases seen.
checked my vin and it says..lol

An outstanding recall or product update campaign has been identified for your vehicle. However, the description document for this campaign is not yet available. It will be posted shortly. For immediate assistance, please contact your Honda dealer or Honda Canada Customer Relations at 888-9HONDA9 for more information.

I am guessing my dealer has the parts or they are close by as they book a appointment unless the parts are in...IE my block heater took a month

·
Registered
271 Posts
checked my vin and it says..lol

An outstanding recall or product update campaign has been identified for your vehicle. However, the description document for this campaign is not yet available. It will be posted shortly. For immediate assistance, please contact your Honda dealer or Honda Canada Customer Relations at 888-9HONDA9 for more information.

I am guessing my dealer has the parts or they are close by as they book a appointment unless the parts are in...IE my block heater took a month
Check your account in Honda.ca recall and updates

1 - 20 of 597 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.