Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 634 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it might be a good idea to start a thread whether or not the "Fix" for the oil dilution / heat issue has worked for you or not. Please try and be sure to have your location / dealer listed

·
Everything in Moderation
8,072 Posts
I think a new Topic on the effectiveness of the 'fix' would make a good 'sticky'. We could put new info in the first post...

YEA or NAY?

Are there any actual 'results' posted so far?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
YEA

I like the idea of a sticky for the effectiveness. However, expect it to take some time for real results to be posted. One wouldn't know the day after the "fix", if it worked or not.

I'd also like to see if it changes acceleration, or fuel economy.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,072 Posts
Is it mid NOV. already?
Honda is rolling out there 'fix' in Canada and the northern climates first.

I agree with JB in AZ that all consequences of the fix be reported. (It won't be in THIS topic tho'...3 hours and 8 posts already...no actual experiences)

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
YEA

I like the idea of a sticky for the effectiveness. However, expect it to take some time for real results to be posted. One wouldn't know the day after the "fix", if it worked or not.

I'd also like to see if it changes acceleration, or fuel economy.
I vote yea as well. I thought there was a recent post saying their ‘18 CRV with 100 miles already had high oil level due to dilution.:jawdrop: My guess is after they get “the fix” they’ll be able to see results in maybe 50 miles.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Got my fix today. Won't know if temps are better till it gets colder. It will be -2c in a few hours I guess i could start her up and see if it warms up faster.
IMG_20181026_162508.jpg

·
Everything in Moderation
8,072 Posts
I vote yea as well. I thought there was a recent post saying their ‘18 CRV with 100 miles already had high oil level due to dilution.:jawdrop: My guess is after they get “the fix” they’ll be able to see results in maybe 50 miles.
Unless an owner is astute enough to check the oil at delivery (in the dealer's lot) we can't determine if a case like that is due to OD or overfilling.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
That's where I was going........how can anyone after only 100 miles make the presumption of OD. They read it here, probably pulled a dipstick for the 1st time ever on any vehicle and start posting count me in with the OD problem.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Unless an owner is astute enough to check the oil at delivery (in the dealer's lot) we can't determine if a case like that is due to OD or overfilling.

mine will be checked with 2 dipsticks(one orange and one without) and will go back in 2 times like last oil change until they get it right.....they hate me there.............miserable old man

·
Everything in Moderation
8,072 Posts
@911medic posted the USA TSBs, THANKS. :banana: They are linked in the TSB and Oil Dilution PSA stickies now.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had the D60 (the one that includes the A/C module replacement) fix done three days ago. I have been driving around in 3-5 degrees C weather and here are my early observations:

Throttle tip in seems to be slightly more responsive and idle quality seems to have improved in that there is less vibration. This may be from the absence of fuel in the crankcase though since the oil was changed. As for heat if the engine is not completely warmed up and you crank the heat up to high then yes you can still see the temperature bars decrease if you are stopped and idling. However with the heat set on auto at 20 degrees C and normal stop and go driving, the engine does maintain temperature. It didn't before. The temp gauge used to fall if the engine didn't see sustained higher rpm. As for fuel economy who knows, it's impossible to determine at this point. Doesn't seem to be any different from what I can tell. I did run premium fuel in the summer but am running regular now. Oil level hasn't increased yet. I'm in Barrie, Ontario.

1 - 20 of 634 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.