Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you love your gen5, this is your thread! If you do have an issue, leave that out and tell us only the things you like!

What features so you appreciate the most?

I think we could all use some good news

I love the fit and finish of my 17, don,t really use or feel like I should have gotten the touring package as I don,t even use the navi, but No biggie. I think it,s quiet, comfortable, drives great and I love the awd and heated seats for the mn winters. I'm sure I'm forgetting things but that's a good start

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Good gas mileage and peppy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good gas mileage and peppy.
I'm pleased with the power too, for work I usually haul at 80,000lb in a cmv so needless to say it's slow going but when I jump in the Crv after work it feels like a rocket.

I'm happy with the summer mileage too. The wife and I took weekend trip and I got something like 32.8 I want to say.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Funny story, my Crv was just a few days old, I think I had about 18 miles on it. I was backing out of a parking spot, it was sprinkling. Something caught my eye in the rear view mirror and i lost focus and I scraped the left front wheel along the curb. The wife was livid, lol

Turns out it was the rear wiper auto wiping cause I had it in reverse. Another cool feature

·
Registered
60 Posts
I love the the adaptive cruise control. Its the coolest in heavy traffic.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
I tried this for the first time the other day on a NYC highway with a stop and go traffic and it’s freaking awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I love just about everything about the Gen 5 CR-V. Great acceleration for an SUV and really good gas mileage plus the interior looks extremely nice, almost on par with SUVs that cost a whole lot more.

I was doing some searching for info on the new 2019 RAV4 and came across a very interesting review. The guy drove it for a pretty long time through different types of conditions and his verdict was the same as Motor Trends. He said the CRV was better in almost every way possible.
His complaints with the RAV4 were:

1) Very loud engine noise
2) Handling was not nearly as good as the CRV
3) Interior is not as polished or as comfortable.
4) And oddly enough he said he hates CVT's but said that the Toyota gear box was rough and just not as good as the Hondas CVT.

He also stated that he liked the look of the RAV4 but knows that it is going to turn off many potential buyers. I cannot wait for some comparison videos from the more well known guys.

So yeah I am feeling even better about the CRV and how well its value will hold up in the future.

As for the Dilution threads, they make a new one everyday and rehash the same stuff. This forum is not the place to come to if you want to enjoy your vehicle, it will just leave you apprehensive and feeling down about your purchase. I am sorry for those that have a problem but the other 99.9% of us seem to be having no issues.

Thanks for making this thread
Rob

·
Registered
73 Posts
I agree with all the good points included in previous posts. Let me add that the driver's seat is very comfortable, I like being up higher above the road than in a regular sedan and I like all of the seat adjustments available. I only wish the seat would go back about two more inches for those of us taller drivers. Since the leg room in the back seat is so generous, I don't see why the driver's seat couldn't go back further. I also love connecting my iPhone to the USB port and using Apple Car Play.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,026 Posts
the bad news is the op should be assigned moderator of the thread to delete all bad new. Love the car. End.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I love just about everything about the Gen 5 CR-V. Great acceleration for an SUV and really good gas mileage plus the interior looks extremely nice, almost on par with SUVs that cost a whole lot more.

I was doing some searching for info on the new 2019 RAV4 and came across a very interesting review. The guy drove it for a pretty long time through different types of conditions and his verdict was the same as Motor Trends. He said the CRV was better in almost every way possible.
His complaints with the RAV4 were:

1) Very loud engine noise in my experience it did get very loud above 4,000 rpm, weird because i don't think my crv even revs that high in normal driving
2) Handling was not nearly as good as the CRV I'd describe the handling as plush... but that's pretty close to spongy
3) Interior is not as polished or as comfortable. sadly, i loved the interior
4) And oddly enough he said he hates CVT's but said that the Toyota gear box was rough and just not as good as the Hondas CVT. The trans seemed firm and i could see some people not liking that. because once again, firm is close to jerky

He also stated that he liked the look of the RAV4 but knows that it is going to turn off many potential buyers. I cannot wait for some comparison videos from the more well known guys.

So yeah I am feeling even better about the CRV and how well its value will hold up in the future.

As for the Dilution threads, they make a new one everyday and rehash the same stuff. This forum is not the place to come to if you want to enjoy your vehicle, it will just leave you apprehensive and feeling down about your purchase. I am sorry for those that have a problem but the other 99.9% of us seem to be having no issues.

Thanks for making this thread
Rob
I actually went and drove the 19 rav4 and had them do a quick and dirty appraisal of my touring. long story short, it would be a hardship for me to buy one, the timing is not good for me. they aren't cheap, they quoted me 35k + all fee's and there was two more trim levels available, $$$$.

that being said,

The engine got very loud above 4,000rpm. the first time it did it actually scared me as the noise seemed to come on very quickly.

I actually love our cvt. I was slightly apprehensive because all the talk online and from commercialized reviews ect, but it didn't sway me because i felt confident with what i know is possible with a cvt assuming calibration is correct.

I think honda nailed it on the cvt. i'm 100% happy with the application of power and love the smoothness. I might be the only one but imo the cvt makes it fun to drive and easier to drive economically. especially compared to the business of an 8 or 9 speed.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
^^^^Amen^^^^

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I agree with all the good points included in previous posts. Let me add that the driver's seat is very comfortable, I like being up higher above the road than in a regular sedan and I like all of the seat adjustments available. I only wish the seat would go back about two more inches for those of us taller drivers. Since the leg room in the back seat is so generous, I don't see why the driver's seat couldn't go back further. I also love connecting my iPhone to the USB port and using Apple Car Play.
It certainly could go back 2-4 more inches but I suspect the reason they don't do that has to do with either the Airbag or seat belt functionality in an accident.

Rob

1 - 20 of 132 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.