Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Not surprisingly, reliability is high on the list of consumer’s reasons for buying a certain type of car.

That’s should be no surprise, because even if a car is near-perfect to drive, it won’t make a difference if it’s in the shop all the time. Consumer Reports recently compiled a list of the 10 car models that it believes are the most likely to reach 200,000 miles without needing major repairs. The vehicles are all cars that have reached more than 200,000 miles in recent years, according to CR reader survey data, and are ranked in descending order based on the percentage of the vehicles with zero recorded problems in the past 12 months.
Read more about The Top 10 Cars That Will Reach 200k Miles at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I like how the Ford is number one on the list dominated by Honda and Toyota.

·
crv|oc Rank: Junior
668 Posts
I am surprised I did not see a Subaru in the list...

without major repair unless you have a CRV with the 1.5L turbo with oil dilution problem...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like how the Ford is number one on the list dominated by Honda and Toyota.
The F-150 is most often bought as a work/business truck and gets a lot of use so it tends to accumulate miles fast. 200,000 could be less than 5 years for a lot of owners and that's easy service. Also, that just says it will likely reach 200,000 miles. It doesn't say what repairs and replacements will have been done in that time.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Ive looked at these lists before and Ford is never near it. Thats obviously being paid for. Was just looking at those various lists a few weeks ago. F150 never makes a list anywhere till suddenly this.

Its like the JD power awards. Awarding vehicles that havent even been in consumer driveways yet. All bought and paid for by manufacturers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
The JD Powers Dependability Study is worth paying attention too, since it is for issues reported by owners during the first three years of ownership.

But their Initial Quality Survey isn't as useful, since it only reports on the first 90 days of ownership.

·
Registered
895 Posts
The F-150 is most often bought as a work/business truck and gets a lot of use so it tends to accumulate miles fast. 200,000 could be less than 5 years for a lot of owners and that's easy service. Also, that just says it will likely reach 200,000 miles. It doesn't say what repairs and replacements will have been done in that time.
Unless you have a 3 valve v8 and need to put spark plugs in it. Dumbest design ever.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Unless you have a 3 valve v8 and need to put spark plugs in it. Dumbest design ever.
Any regular v8 early 2000 on up. Spark plugs are a nightmare or better yet, they blow out of the head so have to fix that crap. Either way customer is always pissed when you tell them the bill is WAY HIGHER than a simple plug change or putting a spark plug back in the hole it blew out of.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Any regular v8 early 2000 on up. Spark plugs are a nightmare or better yet, they blow out of the head so have to fix that crap. Either way customer is always pissed when you tell them the bill is WAY HIGHER than a simple plug change or putting a spark plug back in the hole it blew out of.

Yeah. Or way higher still because you have to extract a couple after they break off in the head.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Yeah. Or way higher still because you have to extract a couple after they break off in the head.
Yeap.... the shop I work for usually tries to turn them down. Putting inserts in isnt bad but the breaking off is something we dont mess with if at all possible because customers always blame the mechanics.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not for nothing but my aunt in Florida has an 08 Ford F-150 crew can and it has 217k on it. That thing still runs strong and 0 issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
895 Posts
Not for nothing but my aunt in Florida has an 08 Ford F-150 crew can and it has 217k on it. That thing still runs strong and 0 issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Still running the original spark plugs?

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Not a v8

Or had the issues fixed.

Though I cant believe the transmission lasted that long, never seen one of those class transmissions last past 125k, usually 100k or even some less than that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ford has some decent cars, I feel the F150 is the only one they put any real money into when making a quality vehicle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2000 F-150 and it's over 200,000 miles on the odometer. So, my personal experience resonates with the article. :banana: No commercial duty piling up 50,000 miles per year. The attached pic is actually from last summer, but it looks identical to that picture today. IMG_1803.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts