Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all of you who ahve a 2nd gen with the black plastic consuming all of the front and back fo the vehicle:

It turns gray, and it sucks, but I found a way to make it black for a very long period of time, and it's super easy.

I tried the back to black and every other little trick, and nothing worked. So by accidentally leaving a bit of Armor all Tire Shine on the wheels and driving, I figured it out. Wherever the splatter of the stuff touched the plastic, it turned black, and it stayed that way, for over a month, so I tested a theory. I sprayed the Armor All Tire SHine stuff all over the bumpers, and then left it to drip offof the car, then later washed it. They turned blackish as they're supposed to. It's been two months since then, and they still look that way.

I belive the stuff costs around $6, but you'll need at least two cans, because you'll want to use it on your tires as well.

But I'm sure it eventually wears out, like the tires, but... it apparently takes a long time.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2002 or 3 Is what I am told. Tags say it was made in 2001, but it's a 2nd gen, so I assume it's an 02

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, and if that's the link to the no longer existant peanut butter trick on the older site forums... I'm not putting food all over my car, let alone a sandwitch filling. I would rather place harmful soaps and things all over it.... I don't know... it'd be like saying... go rub mustard all over your corvette... except this is peanut butter... and it's a cr-v. am I making a point? probably not, but I knew what I meant, plus I heard it's the oils in the peanut butter that help, and it doesn't last that long any way.

·
MECP Audio Expert
2,076 Posts
or you can do what I'm going to do, and just repaint all the gray with bumper black paint. I already did the wiper trim (which is huge!), the wiper arms, and the grill. Like new, and it's painted!

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I repainted my grill and trim black and it looks good, and of course, paint is better looking. I'm just afraid to start the bumper incursion of painting. Even though I can get a new bumper for $80 online.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts