Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Congratulations on the new CR-V :applause:
I know you will enjoy it a lot.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,024 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
If it's a "she", surely she has a name... what is it?

Ours is "Christine", after the self-driving car of Stephen King fame. (And we hoped the self-repair and deep loyalty would rub off too, if not the murderous psychopathy.)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it's a "she", surely she has a name... what is it?

Ours is "Christine", after the self-driving car of Stephen King fame. (And we hoped the self-repair and deep loyalty would rub off too, if not the murderous psychopathy.)
I remember that movie! It was one the first movies I rented on VHS in the 80s ... those were the days indeed. Never thought about giving her a name. I'll need to give that some thought :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Didn’t want to wait to see what the 2020 model brings?
My almost 20y old Toyota Sienna finally said said goodbye, so couldn't wait any longer. I was actually driving it around with no power steering fluid for 2 weeks! My wife said enough was enough, and I had to agree. Would have been unfair to expect her to be in that vehicle for the summer (had other issues too).

She is sooo happy! Her favorite feature (actually 'must have') are the heated seats. Mine is the fact that I never need to handle my keys. The CRV unlocks, and locks on it's own. That is just so awesome!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mine is the fact that I never need to handle my keys. The CRV unlocks, and locks on it's own. That is just so awesome!
Yeah, it's pretty hard going back to a car that needs the keys to open the doors and start the engine. I'm so used to just keeping my keys in my pocket now.

·
Registered
415 Posts
My almost 20y old Toyota Sienna finally said said goodbye, so couldn't wait any longer. I was actually driving it around with no power steering fluid for 2 weeks! My wife said enough was enough, and I had to agree. Would have been unfair to expect her to be in that vehicle for the summer (had other issues too).
same situation, my 19.8 yo v6 accord coup w 305k miles was literally dying, needed to change the fuel sensor or something, it was October and the CRV 18's are not out yet, but no choice, got the 17'ex..... we both are very satisfied.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Yeah, it's pretty hard going back to a car that needs the keys to open the doors and start the engine. I'm so used to just keeping my keys in my pocket now.
Lithuanian car thieves love this feature as well. They take a range extender and get your car running while you were standing in line at the grocery store. One of them standing next to you sending the signal from your key to another thief at the door, etc. Lots of CR-Vs were gone from driveways as well with the same method - a directional antenna was used for boosting the signal for the range extender and back home they went with your new car.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Lithuanian car thieves love this feature as well. They take a range extender and get your car running while you were standing in line at the grocery store. One of them standing next to you sending the signal from your key to another thief at the door, etc. Lots of CR-Vs were gone from driveways as well with the same method - a directional antenna was used for boosting the signal for the range extender and back home they went with your new car.
Well they must be robbing older vehicles because that trick got killed about three years ago when all the companies started to use rotating unlock codes. Every time your FOB sends out and unlock code to the immobilizer a new code is sent to the FOB for the next use. This typically does not happen until you start driving and reach a certain speed.

As for keys, don't get me started! A guy tried to steal my 2003 Toyota Van because he thought it would yield him a quick buck. Instead he got a warning shot across his rear when I heard the engine start. Luckily I was still up at 2am working on a project for work. Long story short after he took off and I went outside to shutoff the engine. That is when I found a set of keys still in the ignition. The next day I took the Van down to the garage to get an alarm installed on the vehicle and asked the guy how the heck the thief had a key that could start the vehicle. The guy told me that Toyota has master keys that can unlock and start a wide range of their vehicles. Ok so I sit there with the "This is BS look" and the guy says to me you see that Toyota car over there, go and see if the key he left will unlock it. I went over and to my Freakin surprise the key opened the door.
Now I cannot say how many models that key will open since I have never tried it again, but it was a shock that it opened the first Toyota sedan I tried it on and it would open my Toyota Van.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thanks man! Really impressed so far. So glad I didn't go for the RAV4. This one beats it out in so many ways. Here she is :) ...
Congratulations. Hope you enjoy your new CR-V. Friends of ours have a nice RAV4 that will come off lease about September. They have already decided they will not get another RAV4. Probably not a CR-V either, although they really like them and the husband is recommending one to his sister, because they want another hybrid like the RAV4. My wife loves her 2018 CR-V EX.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts