Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
The all-new 2021 Honda CR-V hybrid actually arrives in early 2020 as an in-betweener (neither truly a 2020 nor 2021 model).
That's about the silliest statement I've seen published about Honda. It's either a 2020 model or a 2021 model, and Honda has to identify which it is in order for your local authorities to know how to register the "in-betweener".

Honda normally releases (ie makes available for purchase) a new model year in fall of the previous year.
So a 2021 would normally go on sale in late 2020, but it's still listed as a model year 2021.

Registered
This next model year marketing BS is slowly creeping to Europe as well. Luckily just a couple of months in advance, yet.

Registered
Remember the 1964 1/2 Mustang? ;)
I do remember it..... I am OLD! They called it a "1964-1/2" but the title had to reflect the declared model year by law. In today's world you call call it by next year's date. The laws are much different as the model year dicates what standards it can meet and how it figures into CAFE. Explaining all of that in detail is boring but let's just say the manufacturer can chose to bump it up a year but there are stipulations as to how this works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts