Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle is a 2007 Honda CRV that was purchased New. Developed a coolant leak. Took it to a local garage to see if they could find the origin of the leak. It was determined that the leak was coming from the thermostat housing assembly.

It appears that the leak is coming from where the metal heater/heating tube is Pressed into the Black Plastic housing?? There are a number of connections. They suggested that I also may or should have to replace the heater metal tubing and thermostat housing That would take an additional 4 hours of labor to reroute the metal tubing.

Has anyone else had this problem & what is standard procedure to have this repaired? It appears that the heating tube is just pressed into the housing?? Your assistance with this matter would very much be appreciated. Thank you very much! KK

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is a brief summary of what occurred. The metal heater tube that connected to the thermostat housing developed a leak from where it was connected. Apparently salt & road chemicals settled into the area where the tubing is inserted and corroded the tubing. Consequently the metal tubing developed a leak in that spot and had to be replaced.

Btw this is about a 35 dollar metal tubing from Honda and about 4 hours of labor $$ to replace:glare:. Hope this helps?

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Four hours sounds like a lot of labor. I would look at my '09 to see where this is at, but I'm not there to look at it. I'm thinking if it's that much labor, there are likely a lot of parts to be removed to get at it.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
it's just the tube on any k24 motor. 4 hours labor, sounds about right for book time because you have to remove the intake and such to change it including a complete drain and fill of the coolant system.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts