Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,I am currently looking for a replacement for my 2013 rav4 xle awd. my biggest complaint with the Rav is the Seats and braking performance. ( no lumbar support, and only one piston caliper vs dual piston on the crv)
my wifes 2009 crv ex seats and ride \braking is way better than my 2013 rav3... so my question is should i get another 3rd gen crv ( 2011) or get a 4th gen 2013 crv i think i want ex-l trim. with awd.

i hear 2012's had some issues being a first year.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
It's all going to be off of personal opinion, but I'd say go with the 4th gen. The wife and I love our '13 EX. It's a very comfortable ride.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Welcome !! I don't know how the '09 seats compare to my '13, but those Rav4 seats must be poor at best as my '13 seats leave a lot to be desired !! It's not a deal breaker, but I don't think I'd drive it to either coast from here. Good luck. Craig

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome back! Good luck with which ever you choose. My 2012 LX, has been a great way to go. Do the maintenance, and run up the miles, over 70k since November 2012. Long trips make me stop at rest areas to stretch out a bit because of my height (and maybe my age). I have a receiver for a cargo basket, use it often. Handles well fully loaded inside and out. Use low rolling resistance tires to reduce road noise.

Good luck! J1mw

·
Registered
772 Posts
My suggestion, if you have the time, is to drive as many as possible. No two identical vehicles will feel the same. It would be hard to find one like your wife has that will feel the same. Use this opportunity to find the right one regardless of year and close the deal. JMHO and good luck.
David g. :cool:

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
As with any used car, I would choose the car based on condition and price. I've always shopped that way and occasionally, I get a different brand than I was originally looking for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks.. i will have to test drive a 2011 ex-L and see how i like it... i sat in a few different ones at car max. my mom has a 14 crv ex-l.. so i guess i can go test that one out.. also i may check out a rdx..but i dont want to run premium gas.

·
Registered
52 Posts
2012-14 have been very good. The weaknesses are the driver's seat is not so comfortable and the radio is underpowered. I get around 25 mpg combined and the car has been bulletproof except for eating batteries.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trying to decide between a 3rd Gen or a 4th Gen? Man, get a 1rst Gen!
I have a 1997 CRV AWD ABS that has far better seats, way better A/C and more room- in my opinion. I could choose a 3rd or a 4th Gen CRV, but my money is better spent on a 1rst Gen CR-V RD-1 (1997-2001). For even more room a myriad of Roof Boxes (Thule, Yakima or a Honda Dealer Box) can be fitted on a factory rack & Curt hitch can be added for $140!
The Facebook Group- Honda CR-V RD1 Enthusiasts has a membership of over 9700 members which is more than the 3rd or 4th Gen Group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Trying to decide between a 3rd Gen or a 4th Gen? Man, get a 1rst Gen!
I have a 1997 CRV AWD ABS that has far better seats, way better A/C and more room- in my opinion. I could choose a 3rd or a 4th Gen CRV, but my money is better spent on a 1rst Gen CR-V RD-1 (1997-2001). For even more room a myriad of Roof Boxes (Thule, Yakima or a Honda Dealer Box) can be fitted on a factory rack & Curt hitch can be added for $140!
The Facebook Group- Honda CR-V RD1 Enthusiasts has a membership of over 9700 members which is more than the 3rd or 4th Gen Group.
If you like your 1st Gen, don't drive a 3rd or 4th Gen. My son-in-law has a 1st., my niece has a 3rd and I have a new 16 EX-L. To me, the biggest difference is the hugh difference in power and the far better transmission performance (both auto. and CVT is far better). I think the 4th generation has the most room and the AC is also better. I do like the 1st generation seats but that is all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts