Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

First post but I need some help,I have been thinking about putting 2 stroke in my 2.2 cdti,

If any point of view or research in to this matter would be much appreciated.:eek:

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm guessing you have a diesel CRV? If so, why would you consider putting 2-cycle oil in a 4-cycle engine of any sort, diesel or not? The formulation is quite different. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen to me.

·
Registered
91 Posts
2-strokes are good on mileage, but their emissions are awful. Also, you would need to mix your own fuel, which is no fun. Also, I don't think they make 2-stroke engines that are that big. Let's put it this way: there are no 2-stroke cars being sold today, at least nothing good sized like a CR-V. There is a reason for that. Why do you want a 2-stroke anyway? Like what are you trying to accomplish? More power? Less weight? Better mileage? Because there a a lot of ways to accomplish all of those without going straight to an engine swap.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Oh, maybe that's what he meant. I never thought someone would even consider a 2-stroke engine conversion/swap; I figured he was going to put 2-stroke oil in the stock engine for some reason. Maybe the OP will check in again and clarify.

·
Registered
91 Posts
He could be talking about putting 2-stroke fuel into his diesel, which you are right about...it'll be a disaster. 2-stroke fuel still uses gasoline, which will not work in a diesel. Diesel fuel is not very volatile, so you have to compress the living daylights out of it to get it to ignite (hence why diesels have super high compression ratios and big cylinder blocks). Gasoline is incredibly volatile and will ignite well before the piston reaches TDC. This is knock and because of how early it will happen in your engine, you will quickly destroy your engine.

Either way, both options are bad ideas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
not a good ides to use 2-stroke oil in the diesel, will leave deposits in the engine and may harm the fuel system. Use Power Service fuel conditioner either the white bottle or grey either is very good Laurie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts