Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yea my biggest thing is the oil dilution. I have not seen those with 19-20's complaining about it so wondering if it's fixed. My Tuscon has it's own set of issues with the DCT so I do not want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire. At least with my Tucson I have the 10yr 100K warranty but I do not like the issues/traits of this DCT
You'd think that if the issue was fixed in the 2020 models (and if it was software related as some suggested) that they would do a PCM reflash for all the previous models that have that problem. Interestingly, it must be a cold environment issue because here we haven't seen anything like that (our ambient ranges from 65F in the winter to 95F in summer). My friend has a 2018 Accord with the 1.5L and he hasn't had any issues with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What is a DCT? BTW, how do you like the Tuscon? On the short list for wife's RAV4 replacement in the fall.
Double Clutch Transmission. One clutch for odd gears, other for even, allows very fast shifts w/o a manually operated clutch

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was here years ago because I really wanted a new CRV. That was when the oil dilution issue first hit. I also had a 2013 Accord Sport that had the CVT and is was HORRIBLE. I ended up selling it and buying a new 2018 Hyundai Tucson Limited 1.6T. I am again looking at the CRV. I read through the forums and see some new issues but not much about some of the older issues.
Did they solve the oil dilution issue for 2020? How are the CVT's compared to the originals like my Accord had? Any other issues I should be concerned about? I want a CRV but would also settle for a nice CPO Passport but would rather have the fuel mileage of the CRV
If you are that unsure, buy something else. Obviously you don't know what you want.

·
Registered
2 Posts
From talking to my local dealer (the owner is a good friend) he stated they have resolved the oil dilution problem and there supposedly was an update for the 2017-2018 CRV's. We just upgraded to a 2019 EX-L CRV and with the 10 year/150,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, body & glass protection packages we were out the door for about $30K.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just bought a 2020 CR-V EX-L for the wife today. We used the Costco program - works great. We traded in her 2012 Toyota Camry and received a $750 Honda incentive. Costco program is the way to go. Just had to dicker a bit on the price of the trade in.

I have a 2018 CR-V I bought new so I am well aware of the oil dilution problem. My car as not had this problem, knock on wood. I change the oil every 6 months to be safe and this costs about $30 done by the dealer. Can't beat that price.

I believe Honda has fixed the oil dilution problem. We looked at Hyundai Tuscon, Toyota Rav4 and Mazda CX-5 but selected the Honda.
$30 oil change at the dealer is amazingly low, you are lucky in your area.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oil Dilution was mainly an issue in colder states for 2017s and 2018s driving short trips which did not give the engine adequate time to warm up. I've got a 2019 EX with no issues there. A programming fix was added for those that had the issue and it's been used in all models since (2019 & 2020).

This CVT is being called the best around. I'm happy with it.
My wife has a 2013 Accord EX-l and has never had a problem with the CVT. I drive it a lot mainly on Trips. They are different than "normal or DCT" in feel: never have to shift and always in the torque band unless you stomp on it.

·
Registered
2019 CR-V EX-L
2 Posts
I got my 2019 CR-V EX-L just over a year ago and was nervous about buying it but it was my favorite and decided to get one. No issues and I had actually forgotten about it.

·
Registered
2020 EX-L AWD
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I am going here tomorrow. I called and the guy said its the end of the month and this price is not with any special rebates. Seems too good to be true. If they try and screw me I will walk away.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was here years ago because I really wanted a new CRV. That was when the oil dilution issue first hit. I also had a 2013 Accord Sport that had the CVT and is was HORRIBLE. I ended up selling it and buying a new 2018 Hyundai Tucson Limited 1.6T. I am again looking at the CRV. I read through the forums and see some new issues but not much about some of the older issues.
Did they solve the oil dilution issue for 2020? How are the CVT's compared to the originals like my Accord had? Any other issues I should be concerned about? I want a CRV but would also settle for a nice CPO Passport but would rather have the fuel mileage of the CRV
I just took delivery of a new 2020 EX L AWD on June 6th. I have almost 1100 miles, it had 7 when I took delivery. I am very pleased with this vehicle so far, lots of room and it rides nice. I'm retired and hope to keep this vehicle for many years.

·
Registered
2020 EX-L AWD
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
OK, so the deal was not what they said. Even though I asked if that price included rebates and they said no; it did. So I got angry because I just drove an hour and was getting up to leave and the manager asked me to sit down and talk so we can work something out. 2020 Obsidian blue pearl EX-L AWD with mudguards, wheel locks, and nitrogen MSRP $32,770. I got it for $29,331 out the door including Delaware tax and tags. I feel I got the best deal I could get at the last day of the month.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I spent the extra $$ and got the Touring Model in mid-April. Last Honda was my wife's Civic Hatchback in the 80s and it was a great little car. So far, I'm really liking this vehicle. Got the Touring model for a couple of the upgrades and happy that I did so. My least favorite safety feature is lane departure, primarily because our roads are narrow, curvy and hilly. Love the automatic high beams and the LED headlamps and the auto windshield wipers. Had the "opportunity" to drive it during some monsoonal rains and was very impressed by how well it handled at highway speeds in pouring rain. I never felt as though I didn't have control. I didn't test drive any of the other CR-V models so I can[t compare, but I also like the 19" wheels and the Conti tires are quiet.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts