Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, my third brake light fell off the window of my 2006 CR-V. I tried superglue but it doesn't seem to do the job. You guys have any suggestions?
I'm not sure if I can just buy the housing or something but here is what it looks like

Also, the passenger side of my windshield wiper doesn't squirt any fluid, while the drivers side does. I just filled the reservoir up last night.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Try to insert a needle on the passenger side nozzle it could be just clogged up. For the 3rd brake light assembly I will try to post a link to it. It could be you can just buy the light assembly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi thanks for the reply yes everything works and the light works property. I could buy replacement parts but I'm not sure how the new parts would stick to the glass? I will look up that glue you mentioned super glue did not do the trick

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ok, I got you, here goes. :) Go to an Automotive supplies store and buy a kit to re-glue the rear view mirror back on on. This glue will work as its designed to bond to glass. Be sure to clean up the area and piece to be glued well first. Use some thinner on a rag would work best. As for your non working sprayer, well remove the rubber line going into it and use and blow gun hooked up to a airline to blow dirt out of the sprayer. Place the tip of the blow gun against the spray nozzle end where fluid would come out if working and blow backward into it. Hopefully this will dislodge any dirt and it will work as normal once hooked back up. If not you will need to replace. Something worth noting is to check the rubber fluid lines going to the sprayer as the reason it may not be working may be a leak in the line and therefor may be losing pressure and leaking when attempting to spray.
An after thought I had, if you dont have access to a compressor and blow gun try using a can of compressed air like you would use for cleaning your computer.

Cheers
Zaze

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
You need to separate what is #12 & 13 in the previous link. There is a tab on either side of the lamp, push them in and slide the cover off.

Then remove the nut, (#17 in the previous link), on either side once you have it apart 2 metal tabs, 1 on either side is connected to the nut. It is #4 in this link.

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-list/2006-honda-cr-v-5dr_ex_4wd-ka-5at/rear-hatch-glass.html

Those came off the glass and is what holds the lamp to the window.

Zaze gave a good way of mounting those back on. Or, take it to a glass shop and have them do it.

Hope that helps a bit

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I got you, here goes. :) Go to an Automotive supplies store and buy a kit to re-glue the rear view mirror back on on. This glue will work as its designed to bond to glass. Be sure to clean up the area and piece to be glued well first. Use some thinner on a rag would work best. As for your non working sprayer, well remove the rubber line going into it and use and blow gun hooked up to a airline to blow dirt out of the sprayer. Place the tip of the blow gun against the spray nozzle end where fluid would come out if working and blow backward into it. Hopefully this will dislodge any dirt and it will work as normal once hooked back up. If not you will need to replace. Something worth noting is to check the rubber fluid lines going to the sprayer as the reason it may not be working may be a leak in the line and therefor may be losing pressure and leaking when attempting to spray.
An after thought I had, if you dont have access to a compressor and blow gun try using a can of compressed air like you would use for cleaning your computer.

Cheers
Zaze
You need to separate what is #12 & 13 in the previous link. There is a tab on either side of the lamp, push them in and slide the cover off.

Then remove the nut, (#17 in the previous link), on either side once you have it apart 2 metal tabs, 1 on either side is connected to the nut. It is #4 in this link.

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-list/2006-honda-cr-v-5dr_ex_4wd-ka-5at/rear-hatch-glass.html

Those came off the glass and is what holds the lamp to the window.

Zaze gave a good way of mounting those back on. Or, take it to a glass shop and have them do it.

Hope that helps a bit
This is why I love this forum. Thanks for the help guys, I will check out both these methods this weekend. Hopefully it will get fixed. Cheers!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Another route is to find a Safelite location, this should be something they are familar with doing, if they have to replace a rear glass, this has to be re-attached.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I disconnected the fluid nozzle from under the hood and hose and took the nozzle in and soaked it in hot vinegar
works now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts