Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I purchased a 3rd brake flasher circuit for my 2013, and wanted to share. The circuit is VERY well designed, and is fully programmable to set the number of blinks, speed of blink, timeout, and much more. Love this unit. And it is very small too... much smaller than a quarter!

Installation was very easy. Difficulty is 2 out of 5. Cost is just $20

I have mine programmed for 6 blinks, and then it will NOT blink unless 5 seconds have gone by. This is so that it is not too distracting in traffic.
Note in the video there is no blinking the second time I hit the brakes.

Product Link:

3rdbrakeflasher.com link

Video:

·
Registered
203 Posts
wow didnt know they had something like that. might have to do it with both of my vehicles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm sure the programming procedure makes more sense with the unit in hand, but how is the programming procedure? Reading the directions it seems odd.

Russ

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Programming is the BEST feature of this unit.... it really allows you to finetune the behavior exactly to your liking.

The process itself is a breeze. Just watch this video:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Can it be programmed to blink only during hard braking? I'd like to put something like this on all three brake lights. There are a couple of notorious spots within about an hours drive of my place that people like to lock it up (blind curves, etc) and a few times I've had big rigs "knocking on my back door." I've seen a few vehicles that if they brake hard, their brake lights all flash until they release the pedal.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can it be programmed to blink only during hard braking? I'd like to put something like this on all three brake lights. There are a couple of notorious spots within about an hours drive of my place that people like to lock it up (blind curves, etc) and a few times I've had big rigs "knocking on my back door." I've seen a few vehicles that if they brake hard, their brake lights all flash until they release the pedal.
No it cannot. Sorry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a different model listed on the same page that offers different flashing configuration based on g-force levels
It's still only $30

1 - 7 of 7 Posts