Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those CR-V owners who have installed third-party ambient lighting, where did you attached the rear footwell LED light strips?

In my 2012 CR-V, there is a piece of carpeting-like fabric that wraps underneath the driver and passenger seats, so it looks like the only way I could affix the lights is with Velcro. Thanks in advance for any help and/or advice.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Not too sure how to mount/secure `optional` foot well lighting under front seats (for rear passenger feet area lighting). Guess one will need to try different positions - to compare best lighting effect. For this stuff, recommend using LED lights. LEDs are low wattage usage (use < 3 Amp fuse) and run cool temp. To connect to 12V power, recommend connecting to a manual off/off switch. And to eliminate the risk of accidentally draining its battery, connect (using Add-A-Fuse method) to inside cabin fuse box #23 - which is for rear wiper motor. Thus, power is OFF when ignition key is Off/removed.

If wondering, my one son installed Foot Well lighting for the front seats of his previous vehicle. Nice blue color. That worked out really Cool. Especially when his glasses would slide off the dash (landing on the floor) and he needed to pick them up. Or, he needed soft lighting to change from his shoes to boots - before exiting his vehicle during snow time.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it does. Thank you. I'm thinking about just using Velcro to attach the LED light strips under the rear seats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts