Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm driving along and all of a sudden, my 2016 CR-V AWD Special Edition Beeps like a seat belt has come unbuckled, the overhead light comes on and the doors unlock. I think it's just a glitch, I lock the doors and keep on driving. It happens a couple of other times so now I'm wondering what the heck is going on.

Then I noticed that this happens when I take a sudden, sharp turn, generating a lot of centrifugal force, the car will beep, and the doors will unlock.

Never seen it before on any other car.

Anyone ever seen anything like this before?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,199 Posts
Marginally actuated door switch? They could be damaged if a seat belt gets caught. A drop of light oil in the door & hatch lock assemblies would fix this if the switches are part of the latches on your year.

You would be embarrassed if one of the doors (or a hatch) isn't quite closed all the way. Sometimes a passenger doesn't quite shut them hard enough...

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Welcome to the forum! This reminds me of the joke where they guy goes to the doctor and says "Doc, it hurts when I do this." And the Doc says "Well, then, don't do that." :giggle: Seriously, what Atwell said. You might run a search here, as there have been a number of posts on this very thing just this past week. The door switch he speaks of is a small, rubber-covered switch that is located at the bottom corner of each door. It's a simple plunger switch that the door pushes in when you close it. If the seat belt gets in there it can easily bend the switch, causing it to bind and get stuck in a partially open or closed position, causing the effect you are getting. Also, an accidental kick or step on it by a foot can do the same. If it isn't broken you should be able to carefully bend it back straight, and/or give it a bit of lube to get it freed up and working. Here's a link to a similar post that shows a picture of the rubber covered door jamb switch, though it's from an earlier model, but similar:

https://www.crvownersclub.com/threa...door-not-wired-correctly.200995/#post-1588631

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts