Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This xenforo sucks so loud, that it can be heard in the Arctics from Antarctic. Why do you insist on using this POS?

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
I suspect there are two reasons. First, someone at the top of the food chain is getting a kickback of some sort. Second, it's fairly obvious that VerticalScope has succumbed to the mistaken idea that the entire online world is boiling down to the cell phone, when in truth, the cell phone era has peaked and is on the decline. As a technology, it has far more disadvantages than any other, and has become anathema. New models are ridiculously expensive. In almost every level of life they are unsafe in every way. Legislation is gaining steam rapidly to limit/restrict their use. They have literally become a destructive force in modern society, while already racking up a huge death toll.

Yet here we are. This application is designed specifically for cell phones, and has very limited flexibility for other hardware platforms. The entire concept, as shortsighted as it is, has now been forced on us. We are now forced to live in a bland world with very limited functionality.

I will say that there are a select few who are trying to help, by making small improvements where possible, and I am appreciative of them. But it's a band-aid on a bullet wound, lipstick on a lizard. But we will survive, and at some point down the road this forum will adapt or perish. Meanwhile we'll just have to scrape by with this crap app. :giggle:

Reactions: dude49!

·
Administrator
513 Posts
We understand that there are some inherent changes in moving from vBulletin to Xenforo. However, vBulletin’s infrastructure does not provide the flexibility to be able to provide additional improvements. Continuing on that platform without the ability to maintain a better experience for all of you is just not an option moving forward. We know you expect and deserve continuous improvements over time.

In the past, we have upgraded more slowly. Unfortunately, this became technically difficult and often times would break other features when updates were attempted. Making the bigger investment now in the new platform sets us up to respond faster to your feedback moving forward.

Your security and data are extremely important to us. Modern software and upgrading systems are critical to keep us advanced in providing a better and more secure experience for you to share content. Not updating the software would have made that increasingly difficult over time as other technology advances.

We do have an official community feedback thread for all questions, request for help and feedback here.

We are asking that all the information be kept together in that thread, so I am going to close this one.

- Cricket

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.