Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2020 CR V Touring and not impressed with the Honda floor mats. Been looking at WeatherTech and would like to get some reviews from those who have purchased them.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
The Honda OEM ones are not definitely not the best, particularly at the prices they charge.

WeatherTech's are good to be sure.. but you pay a premium for them.. compared to their competition which in my view are just a good and priced better. They are trading on their brand name with pricing premiums vs equally good competitors.

Personally, I prefer MaxLiner brand and have had good success with them. Both for floor mats in the front and rear, as well as cargo liner. Readily available online. There are several brand names on the market though... so go with what you feel best suits you. Just steer clear of low cost no-name brands coming directly out of China on Amazon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I like the Honda Ridgeline, Honda branded mats I was forced to buy from the dealership when I bought our 2018. They are just as good as Weather Tec. For our 2020 CRV, I bought Weather Tec's and find them to be very good. We have had them before with our Tacoma and our Rav4. They held up very well over the 8-9 years of use we gave them. I expect the ones in our CRV to be equal to the task. For us, the main thing is the raised ridges trap fir needles and debris and keep the carpets from getting soiled with less vacuuming. We did not get the molded floor liners, just the mats. Besides floor mats and liners, Weather Tec has developed some interesting accessories. I bought and like the mud flaps for our Ridgeline. I also bought a sun shield from them that fits our Ridgeline perfectly! Great company with fast shipping.

·
Registered
36 Posts
MaxLiner appears to be black only for the 2020 CRV

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid Touring
37 Posts
I put the OEM floor liners in my 2020 Touring, partly to match the cargo mat the dealer threw in on the sale. We have Weathertech floor liners in our 2016 Pilot & after four years, they look brand new. Weathertech is a fine product.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Weathertech are very good. They have been in my 2014 since day one. You will wear out before they do...well, almost.
Thanks, I ordered a set today. Based on the suggestion of someone else on here, I got grey instead of black. Seats are grey, so shouldn't be a big issue. Besides, it's my car and I'll party like I want to, lol.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Go with the Weathertech. They will last the life of the vehicle. The hard plastic holds up to any wear and tear.

I had Huskys in my CRV and in less than 2 years had worn through the drivers mat with my heal. I believe I posted pictures in a prior post. The 1st replacement was shipped for free as it wore in less than a year. For the second set they wanted me to pay postage. So I have Weathertech up front and Huskys in the rear.

I had 3D Maxipeders in my 2015 and after a few years wore at the drivers side where my heal is. I got free replacements and they are holding up for now

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thanks, I ordered a set today. Based on the suggestion of someone else on here, I got grey instead of black. Seats are grey, so shouldn't be a big issue. Besides, it's my car and I'll party like I want to, lol.
Don’t know if it was my post you saw but yeah you won’t regret the grey WeatherTech Floorliners. They brighten up the interior and match the seats anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,512 Posts
Love my Weathertechs in my '07. Moved to Accessories.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Weathertechs are nice but they will cost you.....but you get what you pay for as in anything else in life....you go cheap you're gonna get cheap.....

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,041 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just installed Weathertechs window deflectors front and rear on my 2018 Gen V Touring. They fit PERFECTLY. No adhesive to boot! I have front floor liners on the way from them right now as well. If the window deflectors are any indicator then I should be very happy with them over the OEM rubber liners that kind of fit okay. I am confident the Weathertechs will fit perfectly.

Idk about where all their products are made. My new awesome perfectly fitting deflectors were made in Germany. The OEM window deflectors are GARBAGE compared to the Weathertech gear.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Don’t know if it was my post you saw but yeah you won’t regret the grey WeatherTech Floorliners. They brighten up the interior and match the seats anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went with the grey WT liners and cargo liner. My seats are a little darker shade than yours, so the colors don't quite match the liners, but I care more about how well they protect the carpet. I did have an experience with the cargo liner that probably saved me some hard work and/or money. I have to cart our trash to our receptacle and put it in the back of the vehicle to haul it. I was staining last week and had some of that trash and put it in a plastic bag (trash service requires all trash to be bagged). When I took it out of the vehicle I noticed some of the leftover stain had leaked out of the bag and onto the liner. Used some mineral spirits and degreaser and it looks as good as new. Dodged the bullet!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Went with the maxliners 2 years ago in my 2017 very satisfied My son went with WT in his 2019. less coverage and rear seat mat is curling around edges bad.... I do have WT window deflectors and am very satisfied.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts