Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a '14 EX-L to be used as my personal car and eventually to be used as a car we pull behind a motor home. The CR-V is one of the few auto trans cars that can be pulled behind a motorhome with all 4 wheels down on the road. Models thru '14 are well regarded for this application. In '15 Honda went with the CVT transmission and that makes it unsuitable for towing.

So yesterday I test drove a '14 EX-L. I was impressed. However after the test drive when the salesman tried to start the car to take in back to it's parking spot it would not start. Presumably a dead battery. Ok, I can deal with that until we pulled a carfax report and found the car had been rear ended and before this, had been taken to Honda for repair of an oil leak. I was disappointed and we passed.

Anyway there are a few more '14's in the Tampa Bay area so I will continue looking. Asking price seems to be in the $22-26000 range with mileage < 20,000.

Any thoughts on the buying process? I would prefer a '14 because of the lower mileage but will consider a low mileage '13. I do want the EX-L package but will skip on the Navi.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Know nothing about towing. I bought a 13 EX L locally with low mileage (15500) mainly for that reason. It was still almost new. I wanted to get all wheel drive however this V just fell into my lap at a local dealer when I found out my previous V was developing trans issues, was not comfortable to ride in, didn't have leather, didn't have blu tooth, didn't have auto heat and air. I'm happy, great car, and it's new "er". Hope to have it as long as my previous V (it was a 05 I purchased new). It also had a clean car fax and yes I felt that was important.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts