Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Anybody own the SERVICE manual for this vehicle, it surely will tell what is needed...
Lots of manufacturers don't publish service manuals any more. Too many never got updates, too expensive, to easily pirated and then never updated. Instead they provide that info on their diagnostic computer screens and the dealer pays a subscription for their use. I had a car that had 13 volumes of paper service manual. A freaking bookcase. Update were by subscription and hundreds a year.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am still waiting on the owner's manual I ordered a month ago. I only have the "owner's manual lite" that came with the vehicle. I don't know how expanded the supposed full manual is.
You DO KNOW that you can download the 600-something page owner's manual online, don't you? This URL is the page that you can view/download the manual for either the 2021 CR-V or the CR-V Hybrid. Just thought you should know.

·
Registered
2021 CR-V Hybrid EX Obsidian Blue
112 Posts
Yeah but where's the fun in that when they'll send you a free hard copy?

Apparently they're writing it out by hand though...

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,320 Posts
The good thing about downloading and using the online one is you can do a keyword search
^^ This.

I do however keep a hardcopy owners manual in the cargo hold (too big for the glove box if you want to put anything else in there), with the spare tire, for when/if I am out in the middle of nowhere, with spotty or no cell service and I need to look something up. By doing this, I am assured that I will never ever actually need to pull it out and use it, since preparation very often deters Murphy, of Murphy's Law fame, from messing with me on a road trip. :p

·
Registered
153 Posts
You DO KNOW that you can download the 600-something page owner's manual online, don't you? This URL is the page that you can view/download the manual for either the 2021 CR-V or the CR-V Hybrid. Just thought you should know.

First thing I did when we bought my wife's CR-V is download the Owners Guide, 177 pages, and the Owners Manual, 679 pages. Same with my 2021 Pilot. The downloaded version is over 300 pages longer than the printed version that came with the car. I have them on my cellphone where I keep all my manuals, including the manuals and service bulletins for my 1957 Pontiac, my amateur radios, Casio watch, Garmin GPS and Canon camera.

It is much easier to search an electronic manual than a physical one for some things. It made it easier finding info about the rear camera in my Pilot as it does not appear under C or R in the index.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
2,813 Posts
^^ This.

I do however keep a hardcopy owners manual in the cargo hold (too big for the glove box if you want to put anything else in there), with the spare tire, for when/if I am out in the middle of nowhere, with spotty or no cell service and I need to look something up. By doing this, I am assured that I will never ever actually need to pull it out and use it, since preparation very often deters Murphy, of Murphy's Law fame, from messing with me on a road trip. :p
I saved the .pdf on my smartphone, easily accessible, and searchable! I never bothered asking for a paper copy for any of my recent Hondas

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
520 Posts
^^ This.
By doing this, I am assured that I will never ever actually need to pull it out and use it, since preparation very often deters Murphy, of Murphy's Law fame, from messing with me on a road trip. :p
His full name was Edsel Aloysius Murphy:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts