Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to attempt 2 locate my throttle body so as can clean but unable to locate. I've the 2006 ex cdti, I've removed the hose to left of airfiltle & was expecting 2b there but just a clear hole. Can anyone send a picture or link where it's located please. Spent hours on YouTube with no joy. Just not able 2 see the same engine layout as mine.... thank u!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Should be bolted to the end of the intake manifold.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
1,753 Posts
It's a gas engine. So it is called intake manifold? Where is that located in a 2017 ex
On the 1.5l turbo it's buried. Facing the engine, it's on the back right of the engine. You should see an approx 2" dia plastic intake tube snaking its way on the right side of the engine to the throttle body.

·
Registered
9 Posts
On the 1.5l turbo it's buried. Facing the engine, it's on the back right of the engine. You should see an approx 2" dia plastic intake tube snaking its way on the right side of the engine to the throttle body.
Wow, so is it hard to get too?
I ask because I wanted to do clean the valves with CRC

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Is it easy to get to? That depends on your point of view..If climbing mount Everest is not a major burden than yes it's easy.😅 If you're looking for a point to inject a cleaner into the intake manifold, I would suggest disconnecting the PVC line going to the manifold and inject the cleaner there. That is very easy to get to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is it easy to get to? That depends on your point of view..If climbing mount Everest is not a major burden than yes it's easy.😅 If you're looking for a point to inject a cleaner into the intake manifold, I would suggest disconnecting the PVC line going to the manifold and inject the cleaner there. That is very easy to get to.
Bro, idl even know where the PVC line is. I am trying to look stuff up and cant find a thing online

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Nope. IMO any oil that ends up on the back of the valves is going to be so carbonized that spraying anything on them isn't going to remove the deposits. But that's my opinion.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a haines manual for Honda crv 02-06 covers both petrol and diesel engines,the petrol engine has a throttle body and
spark plugs the diesel recieves fuel via the injectors.Final answer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts