Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Newbie here. My daughter has a 2009 Honda CRV making a thumping noise under the hood. It's random and there is not one single event that makes it happen although it does seem to only happen after she takes her foot off the pedal or at idle. She was able to capture this video which I uploaded to youtube and have attempted to insert into this thread. We did have a valve adjustment done by the dealer about 4 months ago. It is not a constant thumping seems to occur then go away. I'm starting to think a water pump but it was making the same noise randomly before she took it to the dealer and they went for the valve adjustment and made no mention of a water pump issue.

I always appreciate the help from sites like these.

Thank you

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Take the drive belt off and see if the noise still happens. If it does you only option is to take it to a mechanic because any info you get off the internet at best will be some ideas.

But most of what you will get is a ton of questions and speculation that mostly isn't even possibly related to the problem.

I'm an almost 20yr tech myself and without being able to be physically there, not possible to diagnose beyond the simplest thing, removing drive belt and watching the crank pulley to see if it's wobbling/broken. As well as checking the other pulleys to see if any one of them (or component they are attached to) is bad.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts