Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Shops still turn rotors LOL???? Truthfully it's usually cheaper to buy new vs turn them.

Pulsing brake pedal can be more than happy to a warped rotor. Sticking caliper/caliper slides/brake hardware can cause this as well. The assembly can handle a bit of run-out and not be noticed but if anything is rusty, sticking, basically not moving freely it will cause the run-out to be extremely noticeable especially the worse the warp is.

Don't just turn rotors/replace them. Clean all brake hardware, bridges (where the pads sit and caliper mounts to) so the brake pads move freely. Make sure to take apart, clean, and lube the slides. I usually go with copper anti-sieze personally but they make grease specifically for it as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
2,774 Posts
Shops still turn rotors LOL???? Truthfully it's usually cheaper to buy new vs turn them.

Pulsing brake pedal can be more than happy to a warped rotor. Sticking caliper/caliper slides/brake hardware can cause this as well. The assembly can handle a bit of run-out and not be noticed but if anything is rusty, sticking, basically not moving freely it will cause the run-out to be extremely noticeable especially the worse the warp is.

Don't just turn rotors/replace them. Clean all brake hardware, bridges (where the pads sit and caliper mounts to) so the brake pads move freely. Make sure to take apart, clean, and lube the slides. I usually go with copper anti-sieze personally but they make grease specifically for it as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
They do, here. Heck, auto parts stores do, here, if you take them to them.

This business of sticking is something I have never experienced or even heard of before now. I wonder what it is about the CR-V brakes that they do it? The CR-V is also the first vehicle I've owned where the rotors will rust overnight. I can't say these things make me feel overwhelmed with the high parts quality or machining.

I think replacing rotors is wasteful if they can still be turned. Back in the day, they were stout enough and had enough meat to last through several turnings. Maybe not so much now. I guess it's just more "progress."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey. I recently did my lower ball joints. After doing that I noticed exactly what you were saying. The vibration. Go and look at all your abs sensors. Mine wasn’t tightened properly and that tiny bit of movement somehow convinced the abs system that that wheel was locking up, and it pushed back the braking power for it. Go through and tighten the two bolts holding on all your sensors. That’s what fixed my problem

·
2,774 Posts
Hey. I recently did my lower ball joints. After doing that I noticed exactly what you were saying. The vibration. Go and look at all your abs sensors. Mine wasn’t tightened properly and that tiny bit of movement somehow convinced the abs system that that wheel was locking up, and it pushed back the braking power for it. Go through and tighten the two bolts holding on all your sensors. That’s what fixed my problem
Now that right there, is good to know. Thanks very much for that info.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts