Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a relatively new vehicle with only 1000 miles on it and I hear a ticking sound (faint but you can still hear it) when the car is moving and brakes are being applied frequently. The ticking noise does disappear after a few mins if the brake paddle is not pressed. The same ticking sound is present when the vehicle is turned off. The ticking occurs every 3 seconds and stays on for ~3 mins when the vehicle is turned off. Is the ticking normal while the car is moving? In previous posts there is a mention of this possibly being characteristics of electronic brake booster. However there is no mention that this occurs while the car is in motion as well.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Electronic brake booster. Yes it will tick when in use because it's being activated everytime you touch the brakes. Along with the abs system operating.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Maybe TSB?:
18-084 (8/4/18) Knocking, Thumping, or Ticking Heard While Idling

AFFECTED VEHICLES
2017 & 2018 ALL

SYMPTOM
When idling, a knocking, thumping, or ticking can be heard throughout the vehicle cabin.

POSSIBLE CAUSE
The fuel tank's wave absorber mounting point has excessive clearance. This condition creates vibration and produces
noise.

CORRECTIVE ACTION
Replace the fuel tank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a relatively new vehicle with only 1000 miles on it and I hear a ticking sound (faint but you can still hear it) when the car is moving and brakes are being applied frequently. The ticking noise does disappear after a few mins if the brake paddle is not pressed. The same ticking sound is present when the vehicle is turned off. The ticking occurs every 3 seconds and stays on for ~3 mins when the vehicle is turned off. Is the ticking normal while the car is moving? In previous posts there is a mention of this possibly being characteristics of electronic brake booster. However there is no mention that this occurs while the car is in motion as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This might be the answer for your problem, its very similar at CRV

1 - 5 of 5 Posts