Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2018 EX started making a new sound the last 2 months.
After being parked for a while, The first 2 minutes of driving is normal then I start hearing a noticeable ticking sound. It’s not very loud but definitely noticeable in the cabin.

It basically sounds sort of like the fuel injectors, and gets more rapid proportionately to the amount of gas I give the engine. It’s there at idle and at stoplights as well.

It’s still there when the engine temp gets to steady state and doesn’t go away immediately. After about 10 min of driving it’s gone and doesn’t come back unless the engine has been off a while and has completely cooled.

The car is at 15k km and it’s summer so it’s not a cold engine, but it always goes away after driving a while. It definitely wasn’t there the first 8 months of ownership.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Something belt-related perhaps. A pulley/tensioner bearing.

·
Registered
196 Posts
This is probably the sound from the fuel injectors. Mine does this as well. The CRV is direct injected with high pressure fuel. More fuel is needed until the engine warms up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ticking on cold seems to be getting louder and more pronounced as as weeks go by. I booked an appointment for a few weeks from now but they told me ‘this is just normal fuel injectors’.
With the wind noise from the window, a new vibration at idle now, the tire noise on highway and the rattle over bumps along with this increasing ticking, this has got to be one of the noisiest cars I’ve ever driven! And people tell me this is a quieter CRV compared to prior lol.
At least it’s still good on gas!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts