Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi last week crv lost power would not restart light on dash pgm-fi was on mechanics say timming chain broke and wrecked engine its 08 model 2.2 diesel 110k miles anyone have this problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
This happened to me about four years ago. At that time my CRV had done about 50,000 miles. Briefly: The car completely stopped dead. Taken to Honda Stockport (regularly serviced by them). Diagnosed with broken Timing Chain. Not covered under warranty. My points were as follows: 1, the warranty was two or three years (not sure which) OR 100,000 miles. Honda Stockport said that the mileage had exceeded so tough luck. 2. The timing chain is not mentioned in the service schedule and therefore is not inspected at each service. 3. The chain is INSIDE the engine so cannot be seen. 4. My contention is that there was either a) a manufacturiung fault– bearing in mind they are supposed to last at least 100,000 miles) or b) a parts failure. Honda Stockport said that Honda would "make a contribution" (I never found out what that amounted to).
Net result: Original quote just over £1,000.00. Eventual bill over £3,000.00. Honda Stockport made their profit, Honda themselves, despite being a multi-million pound business didn't pay for the repair. I seem to be the only one who had to cough up. I have owned two Hondas. Never again and certainly would never visit or recommend Honda Stockport.
By the way, the head mechanic "Had never come across this before". Well well, my my. Still disgusted (and poorer) after all this time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts