Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi....
Just considering my car is black and the factory tints on the rest of the car...........Thought came to mind that I should tint the front two exactly the same as the rest.

Any opinions on this.....will it need door panels removing, will it look same as rest of windows....Is it going to match..etc.

Im nt goin 2 do it myself but go to a professional....

Input would be great!:)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm considering the same. However I have had tinted windows on my previous CRV and it is a bit of a pain to clean. (Only because windex is a no-no). 20 % I think is the max but that's here in Tennessee where everyone goes much darker than that.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
check the laws before, some places only allow a certain percentage of tint.
Absolutely correct! State laws may vary. Must check to avoid possible fines.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Here's my 2 cents........

How do you feel about not being able to see another driver? Can't make eye contact at certain times? Are you OK with that? All you see is a dark window.

I hate it. I give other drivers the same courtesy. Law or no law. I would never tint my front windows.

·
Registered
110 Posts

How do you feel about not being able to see another driver? Can't make eye contact at certain times? Are you OK with that? All you see is a dark window.

I hate it. I give other drivers the same courtesy. Law or no law. I would never tint my front windows.
Totally agree.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts

Come to Southern Arizona and you would change your tune I bet.

In the summer, AC on and windows up, your skin will start to burn when behind untinted glass.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Come to Southern Arizona and you would change your tune I bet.

In the summer, AC on and windows up, your skin will start to burn when behind untinted glass.
Same here in Asia. However in England it might be a lot colder all year round.

This being said, to the OP, no i dont think the new tints will match if the factory tints have been there for more than 2-3 years. They fade and i dont think anyone is able to look for a tint that matches the color/hue/shade the old tints go into when fading.

Also door panels wont need to be removed. If tinting the front windshield only the A pillar covers are taken off.

Sent from my G9208SS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,178 Posts

I think the main reason it is not allowed in some places is because law enforcement can't see the driver or what the driver is doing. If you were a policeman, would you be comfortable approaching a car and not knowing whether the driver has a gun pointed at you that you couldn't see?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Door panels were removed by my professional tint installer. They did a perfect job and a very close match to the factory tint on the rear door windows. Much cooler in the summer heat we have. No regrets!

·
Banned
806 Posts
Door panels were removed by my professional tint installer. They did a perfect job and a very close match to the factory tint on the rear door windows. Much cooler in the summer heat we have. No regrets!
That seems like a lot of work to remove the door panels. I have had several vehicles tinted and they never removed the door panels. Not saying it is wrong, just seems like a lot of unnecessary work. The last two vehicles I had tinted, one of which was my CR-V, the guy had a machine that cut the tint to the exact shape of the window for the vehicle.

Another thing, some may not know, do not use Windex or any cleaner with ammonia. It will ruin your tint. Ever see those purple windows?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hi....
Just considering my car is black and the factory tints on the rest of the car...........Thought came to mind that I should tint the front two exactly the same as the rest.

Any opinions on this.....will it need door panels removing, will it look same as rest of windows....Is it going to match..etc.

Im nt goin 2 do it myself but go to a professional....

Input would be great!:)
If your going to let the professional do it, they should have answers for you, even matching the tint. JMHO and good luck.
David g................:cool:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
law states here 70% of light must come through (fronts... back no law)which isnt an issue as Im sure the factory tint is lets 70% though.
The shops will say anything to get business so I prefer 2 check it myself tbh.
My car has hardly been used so I wudnt want any1 taking the panels off the doors, heard it can be done without...
just want it to look even with the black paint and black windows on back on car....
Bet once I do the tints or change my mide, Il end up getting the side steps....
Wondering if the front have some tint on from factory ,,,,,looks that way!

BTW the person taking about courtesy and eye contact...IMO its my car so long as its legal, who cares about if anyone can see my eyes.lol.cmon!

·
Registered
8 Posts
The problem is that it might be 20% in one state and different in another state. Meaning you might be driving elegally if you cross states.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts