Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I put all of my music on one 64GB USB flash drive. I organized created a folder structure of root then class then genre then artist and finally album. Something like this:

root\Christmas\Crooners\Bing Crosby\The White Christmas Album
root\Oldies\British Invasion\The Beatles\A Hard Days Night

I can do a search music and start in any folder, but if I select the "Random in Folder" button, it only goes for songs within the folder that is playing. Not what I want if I want any of my oldies to play.

The solution is to move or copy one song representative of all songs in the folder into that folder. Then when I say "Search Music", "Play Folder Christmas" it starts that single song I copied into the Christmas folder and I have plenty of time to push the "Random in Folder" button and get random selections from all of the folders under the Christmas folder.

You can structure your music folders as deep as you like, by keeping a single tune in the upper directory you get to go random across all of the folders under it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Flippin' Honda radio!

Things go wrong across an ignition shut off and restart. Upon restart the system remembers the song playing, the position within the song and it even remembers that 'Random within Folder' was active when the ignition turned off. But it does not remember the folder that it was the source of the random songs. The system instead plays random songs from the folder of the remembered song.

And here I thought I had it figured out. :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts