Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my first CR-V (2011 base model) so I'm a newbie.

I've read that some of you dog/CR-V lovers use a liner in the cargo area and/or pet carrier to travel with your dogs.

My bride and I would like to know how best to travel with one medium sized dog and bags in our 2011 CR-V.

My dog is young and agile but is it safe to let him jump up and down from the back hatch and/or back passenger door?

If I don’t use a pet carrier, do I need to put the dog in the back seat and keep the bags in the cargo area or vice versa?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Personal opinion. Some people feel safer with their dog in a cage, some don't worry about it so much.

Either way be prepared to have dog hair all over your CRV and clothing. ha-ha

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Whatever you prefer. I've trained mine to just sit/lay on the back seat. I put a blanket down to keep the hair to a minimum.

I'm my Del Sol he likes to sit behind the seats and look out the back window which rolls down.

·
Registered
637 Posts
My preference is to have my dog in a harness in the back seat. The cargo area is a crumple zone. Also, if there is an accident, I prefer to have my dog secured so she doesn't go flying. I have a hammock for the back seat which makes it easy to keep the seats clean.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a good plan to me. Do you use a small stool or something to help your dog get in and out or can she get up and down easily enough without one?

My preference is to have my dog in a harness in the back seat. The cargo area is a crumple zone. Also, if there is an accident, I prefer to have my dog secured so she doesn't go flying. I have a hammock for the back seat which makes it easy to keep the seats clean.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Sounds like a good plan to me. Do you use a small stool or something to help your dog get in and out or can she get up and down easily enough without one?
My dog has long legs so she can get in and out by herself with a little guidance. When I had smaller dogs I would just pick them up and put them on the seat. Whatever is most comfortable for you and your dog. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
This harness will help with the whining ;o)

LOL....in fact I am going to look for a cage muzzle today for our puppy since she chewed through her leash and almost got to the seatbelt in my partner's car. I don't like the idea of the muzzle but replacing a seatbelt is no joy either. Can't wait until she stops chewing everything!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.