Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Recently, I had to change one tire on my CRV. I made sure to change the tire to OEM one. But now, all three tires the vehicle came with stand at depth of 7 whereas the new one is standing at 9. I would like to know if I have to lower the tire pressure on new one to make it at the same height with that of other three? In other words, putting the pressure on new one to 30psi against 32 psi in all three tires with thread depth 7 would make CRV run smoother? After the tire change, I have seen a bit of difference in the way vehicle is handling and specially on cornering. With the snow on ground, cornering makes it more difficult. It could be just the mental thing in my mind since I know one tire is standing at better thread depth than rest three. But I would appreciate the views and comments.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
There is no need to adjust the pressure for the new tire. There is 2/32" =1/16" difference, negligible. If you were to check the other three tires you would find that much difference or more. I think the difference you are feeling is a "mental thing".

·
Registered
100 Posts
There is no need to adjust the pressure for the new tire. There is 2/32" =1/16" difference, negligible. If you were to check the other three tires you would find that much difference or more. I think the difference you are feeling is a "mental thing".
Agreed, if you are that worried about it just rotate that tyre on the front only. It will sort itself out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts