Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to sue somebody!!!

I had a new tire put on because the Goodyear dealer claimed my flat was un-fixable. That's another story. Right after the tire was put on my tire pressure light went on and has been on ever since. The only plausible explanation I now have (after going both to Honda and Goodyear) is that the fact that the new tire doesn't quite match the other three the pressure light is detecting that and staying on even when the pressure in all four tires is good. The only solution is to replace all four tires at one time, whether they need it or not.

This does not sound like a reasonable design (unless Honda is in cahoots with the tire manufacturers)and I wonder if anyone has gone to Honda to complain about this?

·
Everything in Moderation
7,920 Posts
Yeah, run the calibration routine after first checking the PSI in the other three tires.

Our friend's Accord needs that calibration after every tire rotation.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm sure by now that the OP got his system to settle down by now, but I figured I'd add some closure for anyone who comes upon this thread via a search in the future.

Your year CR-V uses a second generation INDIRECT TPMS, so there are no direct reading radio transmission sensors in the wheels. The new system uses a very sophisticated set of algorithms to analyze the response from the stability system to detect any tire that doesn't respond to acceleration, braking, and especially turns from the other tires. Following the recalibration procedure should successfully 'teach' the vehicle that what the processor is 'seeing' as an odd steering response created by a mismatched tire is indeed the 'new normal' and ignore it.

Hope that helps....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts