Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tire pressure symbol cam on yesterday so this morning, I had my tire guy check all my tires and
make sure the pressure was correct.

I drove around for 30 minutes, but the symbol is still there.

What could be wrong?

·
Everything in Moderation
7,742 Posts
drumdoctor has a 2009. Those have TPMS sensors (transmitters with little batteries) inside the tire valves, correct? One might have a weak battery after 10 years...

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Is it the low tire pressure light, or the TPMS light?

If it's the TPMS light then it might be one of the sensors, as Carbuff2 has suggested.
Looks like the list price for the sensors is about $47 each. Since they are inside the wheel, you'll need a tire shop or a Honda dealer to install them.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Is it the low tire pressure light, or the TPMS light?

If it's the TPMS light then it might be one of the sensors, as Carbuff2 has suggested.
Looks like the list price for the sensors is about $47 each. Since they are inside the wheel, you'll need a tire shop or a Honda dealer to install them.
If it is just a bad battery (not even sure they have batteries to be honest), most tire good stores will R&R the sensor for about $10-15. It is more likely though a defective seal. Replacing the entire sensor is not actually required in most cases.

The best practice with these old embedded sensors in the tires is to actually have the tire service R&R each sensor when they replace the tires. Since they already have the tire off the wheel, this is easy and they use an R&R kit for each sensor that replaces common wear components like seals, etc. Example of an R&R kit: https://www.carid.com/dorman/tpms-service-kit-mpn-609-107-1.html?singleid=16856861&url=108378693

·
Everything in Moderation
7,742 Posts
For sure, if a 2009 has the embedded sensors with batteries, it would be foolish not to replace all 4.

(That reminds me, I need batteries in my keyfob...same philosophy applies: if one's battery is weak, I replace the batteries in BOTH fobs)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts