Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

My wife drives a 2009 EX-L and is in need of tires. I would like to know if this group maintains a list of recomended tires (a simlar owners forum for the car I own maintans one of these). We currently have Firestone FR710s and they are without a doubt, the absolute worst tire I have ever experienced in my life. If no list for this group exists, I'm willing to take any and all suggestions from group members :)

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For more information, we're looking for a decent all-season tire. We live in central PA and do get a fair bit of snow in the winter.

·
Registered
600 Posts
For more information, we're looking for a decent all-season tire. We live in central PA and do get a fair bit of snow in the winter.
I also live in north eastern pa. On my 2004 CR-V I have Hankook M&S and 2016 Toyota Corolla I have Hankook winter tires on all 4 corners. Getting great wear for the mileage and ride quality. The M&S on the CR-V is all I needed or winter. I got mine at Kost tires if they are in your area and they are competively priced with other brands.

Note, my 2004 CR-V has had Bridgestone, Michelin, Goodyears, and Hankooks over its 292k miles. The Hankooks have been the best tires Ive had on the vehicle.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,647 Posts
Another vote for Hankook. Good service (long life) out of my 727s.

That said, I DO use dedicated snows for winter.

·
Banned
806 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Touring and it's ready for tires, would like some recommendations. So far I've heard Hankook. any other suggestions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with Hankook tyres. I've also gotten a lot of miles out of Kumhos too. I think both of those brands offer a solid product for the money...and either one is usually a fraction of the cost of the competitors in the same class.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I put Michelin Defenders on my last car and they still had half of their tread depth at 45,000 miles when I traded. They are a very quiet tire with a 90,000 treadwear warranty.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I bought a set of Firestone Champion Fuel Fighters.
I got them in Feb or March and so far they have been great tires.
I've driven them about 10K so far and this is my first set so I
cannot comment on lifespan of these though they're rated for 70,000.

They have very good traction on dry and wet pavement
and they run very quiet--depending on the road surface.
Some roads make tires make noise no matter what tire you have.
The last 1500 mile road trip I made these tires performed very well.

So far I'm very happy with my Firestone Champion Fuel Fighters.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had Michelin LTXs on my Ridgeline and my Pilot. Can't recommend them highly enough. Looking to replace the tires on my 2015 CRV with either another set of LTXs or some BFGoodrich All Terrain KO2. Any feedback from owners of the BFGs would be invaluable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts